Labour have conceded the civil liberties principle to the National Government...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:36:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Labour have conceded the civil liberties principle to the National Government...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Labour have conceded the civil liberties principle to the National Government...  (Read 1701 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 06:25:41 PM »

Did you just copy and paste that post from a recent thread? Looks 99% identical to me.

Yes I did. And being accurate I tend to wield it at the Right like a sledgehammer

I find it more amusing than anything else, to be honest....but be my guest.

But it's nowt to be funny about. The welfare state went beyond what the enlightened new liberals envisaged for it

Nobody should have to 'exist' on benefits
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »

But it's nowt to be funny about. The welfare state went beyond what the enlightened new liberals envisaged for it

And I don't fancy the government owning entire industries and dictating what should and should not be paid.....but we'll just have to agree we have different things we dislike.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »

And I don't fancy the government owning entire industries and dictating what should and should not be paid.....but we'll just have to agree we have different things we dislike.

I don't fancy government owning entire industries either but I'd say government's role in setting standards are very imporant. And that to me is what positive liberalism, and freedom, is all about
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies