What districts would have Dems won back if not for gerrymandering? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:20:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What districts would have Dems won back if not for gerrymandering? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What districts would have Dems won back if not for gerrymandering?  (Read 23671 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 04, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »

I am just assuming the GOP controlled legislature states didn't change anything from 2000 maps. Of course NC-2 was very gerrymandered, a fair NC map would probably have a Wake County based district that takes up most if not all of the county. And I have to keep GOP in PA-12 b/c that seat was being eliminated regardless, although the Democrats would have chopped up Pittsburgh.

At the risk of turning this into another NC redistricting thread, this is my fair map of NC:

The Democrats lose CD2 but get another D-leaning seat in the Triad.

Those districts are beautiful.

Districts 7 and 8 are at least vulnerable to Democrats in bad election years for Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies