The US Democratic Party or the Communist Party of Greece (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:02:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The US Democratic Party or the Communist Party of Greece (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which do you prefer?
Democratic Party

KKE

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: The US Democratic Party or the Communist Party of Greece  (Read 4270 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: September 24, 2014, 11:15:56 PM »

KKE is Stalinist?  I thought it was the breakaway groups that were Stalinist, and KKE was more like CPUSA?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »

The Democratic Party, obviously. Nearly every Communist Party in the world is hardly Communist, but rather some type of weird Stalinist, Leninist, Maoist or other authoritarian party. Give me a Pure Communist party and I'll be on board.

Doesn't everyone consider their version of Communism to be the pure one?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 09:55:08 PM »

The Democratic Party, obviously. Nearly every Communist Party in the world is hardly Communist, but rather some type of weird Stalinist, Leninist, Maoist or other authoritarian party. Give me a Pure Communist party and I'll be on board.

There is only one correct definition of pure Communism. It's like interpretations of Islam. Just because ISIS has a view of what Islam is doesn't mean it's the correct one.

Why does an ideology have to have any single "correct" version, and who decides which version it is?  It's true though that Communists tend to agree there is only one correct definition of Communism, and that theirs is the correct one.   Saying you believe in "pure Communism" doesn't tell us anything about which version of Communism you believe is the pure one.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:12:14 PM »

There is only one correct definition of pure Communism. It's like interpretations of Islam. Just because ISIS has a view of what Islam is doesn't mean it's the correct one.

Why does an ideology have to have any single "correct" version, and who decides which version it is?  It's true though that Communists tend to agree there is only one correct definition of Communism, and that theirs is the correct one.   Saying you believe in "pure Communism" doesn't tell us anything about which version of Communism you believe is the pure one.

Pure Communism is the ideal of a stateless society based on common ownership of the means of production, preferably without a system of paper or metal-based currency.

Sure, there is the ideal, but the major reason you see these different versions of Communism is that there has been a disagreement over how to achieve it, which leads people in very different directions.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »

Sure, there is the ideal, but the major reason you see these different versions of Communism is that there has been a disagreement over how to achieve it, which leads people in very different directions.

Of course. I never said there wasn't a split over how to achieve the goal, I said that said splits are missing the point and muddying the definition of Communism.

How can it be missing the point for a political party to have an idea about how it is going to achieve its goals?  Political parties don't exist just so they can daydream about what kind of world they'd like to live in.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 06:30:48 PM »

Was Marx a Communist at least? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies