Education Policy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:28:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Education Policy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Education Policy  (Read 3297 times)
harry_johnson
United States

« on: March 17, 2012, 04:48:45 PM »

I never said we should let teens decide education policy, so don't put words in my mouth. I said we should let teens decide if they want to say the damn pledge of allegiance and if they want to say "under God."

I never said I wasn't willing to accept responsibility either, but I have no interest in being a damn janitor. I'd much rather be a cashier at Rita's Water Ice or some sh*t to get money. I don't want to work at my school. It would be like a Jew working as a janitor at Auschwitz. No way.

When teens pay the school taxes they may be allowed to have a say so. Right because 15 year olds are so over qualified to be janitors. You should be a doctor right now. I hate to break your teenage fantasy world but everyone starts at smaller jobs that don't pay much and aren't fun. From there, you have a chance to earn your way up by doing well in college or being promoted from such positions. I know someone your age isn't interested in hard labor but it will build character. Then you will look back on it and be proud of how far you've come. No one is forcing you to be a janitor either. I'm sure there are plenty of other children who would love the opportunity to make money. I never said you were forced but you're putting words in my mouth. You aren't alone though either. Most people, myself included wouldn't prefer to be a janitor or have fun with it.

So because kids don't pay taxes, they don't have rights? So someone could murder me and it won't matter because I'm not technically a citizen? Bullsh*t. Get over yourself. Kids are just as much entitled to Constitutional rights as anyone. No sh*t most jobs start on the lower level, but I'm saying I wouldn't want to be a janitor at my school. It's not that I hate the idea of having a job, but I'd much rather be a busboy at some restaurant or something.

Young boy, you have plenty of rights. You have the right to choose not to be a janitor if you do not want to work. Work at McDonalds if you want to. Work at Burger King. Whatever you do, don't tell me because I don't care. You're a citizen alright. A citizen who can't vote. Kids do have constitutional rigths but not to the extent adults do which is why certain products and activities are 18 and up. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were a teenager with the anger and attitude you show. Oh what!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies