UK General Election Prediction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:25:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election Prediction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 'Not another one...'
Conservative Majority
Conservatives largest party
Labour Majority
Labour largest party
Liberal Democrats largest party
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: UK General Election Prediction Thread  (Read 25828 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 30, 2019, 03:14:10 PM »

I know anything can happen and all that but I really struggle to see ANY scenario where the Conservatives don’t win a majority and Labour doesn’t go down to the tune of the ‘97 Tories.

For political junkies which we all are, the most interesting scenario would probably be Labour being the largest party in a hung parliament and the Brexit party having enough seats to put them in power if they worked out an arrangement. And the Tories having a number of seats that puts them frustratingly JUST short in an arrangement with the Brexit party and DUP.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 06:27:47 AM »

As I said on my posts before, amongst the 3 nations whose elections I pay attention too (US, Canada, UK) this seems like the most predictable election in a very very long time. Why on earth Labour has allowed Corbyn to continue to be leader is BEYOND me. And frankly Farage and Tice should be ashamed of themselves for chickening our in the way they are (at least appear to be)

Approximate official prediction

Conservative 345
Labour  180
Liberal Democrats  45
SNP 50
BrExit 0

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 02:58:19 PM »

My ideal result would be Labour doing bad enough that Corbyn gets “sacked” as leader, but the Conservatives don’t get a majority or do poor enough where a General election needs to be called long before 2024.

Second to that, for the pure theater of it all I would love to see Nigel Farage win a seat. Imagine him in parliament? That would be unreal to watch
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 10:58:16 AM »

So does anyone think there is any chance at all that Brexit gets even a single seat? And if so .. where? In a Labour/Leave that has never voted Conservative? In a ultra right wing seat that was a strong Conservative/Leave seat or in a random spot where the vote will be split so many different ways they could sneak across the line?

What’s ironic is Farage says he decided not to run so he could campaign around the UK and in turn make it easier for Brexit to get more seats. But I think there best shot was for Farage himself to run in a STRONG Leave that usually votes right wing (Conservative or had a strong UKIP presence) and doesn’t have a well known MP.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 08:39:41 PM »

Is there anyone who isn’t an overly optimistic lefty that doesn’t think this is a Tory win?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies