OFFICIAL Endorsements Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:14:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  OFFICIAL Endorsements Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OFFICIAL Endorsements Thread  (Read 64617 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« on: February 20, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2008, 04:23:50 PM by Erc »

Obama, having won the 3rd CD in WI in yesterday's primary, picks up the endorsement of its congressman, Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

link

Reports also suggest that Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) has endorsed Obama.

DNC Member John Rednour, Sr. (D-IL) has clarified that he is supporting Obama, not Clinton.  (His son, John Rednour, Jr. is on Clinton's IL steering committee, hence the previous confusion).

Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »

Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI) has said that he voted for Obama in this week's primary, and will likely vote for him at the convention.  link.

DNC Connie Borde (D-DA) has said that she is supporting Obama "for now."  She may "fall in line" for Clinton if the mood of the party swings in her direction, however.  Borde, as a superdelegate from Democrats abroad, only has a half-vote at the convention. link

DNC Leon Lynch (D-PA), former VP of United Steelworkers of America, has endorsed Obama.  "I am endorsing Barack Obama because he is the only candidate I have encountered who truly has the capability to activate, motivate, and lead the American people in a new direction."  link (on an Obama website, but seems credible).
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 02:32:20 PM »

DNC Belinda Biafore (D-WV) has confirmed her support for Clinton: "She's still in the race, isn't she?  So I'm still supporting her."
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »

DNC Mark Mallory (D-OH), Mayor of Cincinnati, endorsed Barack Obama today.  "I have decided to give my endorsement to Barack Obama..."

Link
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:19:07 PM »

Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (D-SD), one of the few former Edwards superdelegates, has endorsed Obama.  Obama now has the support of 6 out of 8 South Dakota superdelegates (the other two [incl. Sen. Johnson] are still uncommitted).

Additionally, both of DC's 'Shadow Senators' have endorsed Barack Obama:
'Sen.' Paul Strauss: “I am excited to endorse Barack Obama today.  Barack Obama has been a leader for promoting unity and equality for all Americans, and has shown a steadfast commitment to the DC voting rights and full representation in Congress."
'Sen.' Michael Brown: “I wholeheartedly give my endorsement to Senator Barack Obama with the audacious hope that the change he brings to America will include the full restoration of rights to the 600,000 good citizens of the District of Columbia. I proudly stand with my constituents in supporting his candidacy and pledge my assistance to help him win the nomination of our party and become the next President of the United States.”
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:28:14 PM »

DNC Marianne Stevens (D-ME), Vice-Chair of the Maine Democratic Party, has endorsed Obama.

“After considerable thought I am proud to give my support and endorsement to Senator Barack Obama. He has won eleven straight contests since February 5, including the Maine caucuses. His success and the overwhelming number of voters who have chosen change helped me make this decision. He's run a smart and exciting campaign and he will bring us to victory in November.

“I was in High School and a volunteer in a Democratic campaign office when I met Bobby Kennedy. He gave us all hope in very troubling times.  Barack Obama gives me the same sense of hope for our future. The numbers of new voter registrations and the enthusiasm of younger voters to stand for Obama at our caucuses was very encouraging as well and speaks well for his chances in the general election.”
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 11:00:48 AM »

DNC Members Brian Melendez and Donna Cassutt (D-MN) have announced that they will be supporting Obama at the convention, as Obama won Minnesota's caucuses handily.  This is not an endorsement per se, though it is two additional superdelegate votes.

"We both have great confidence in, and respect and enthusiasm for, Senator Obama and the message of change that has resonated so strongly with voters in Minnesota and throughout America. But this announcement is not an "endorsement" in the usual sense, because it doesn't result from our personal judgment about the candidates or their relative merit. (One of us even cast a blank Presidential ballot on Caucus Night.) We also have great confidence in, and respect and enthusiasm for, Senator Clinton, whom we would gladly have supported if she had won the Minnesota caucuses - and will gladly support if she wins the Democratic nomination. We are not joining Senator Obama's campaign, since our loyalty lies first and foremost with the DFL Party itself; and we will not be using either the Party's resources, or our own personal time, energy, or other resources, in promoting his campaign or any other. This announcement simply reflects our desire to let the more than two hundred thousand DFLers who braved a cold winter night, long lines, and bustling crowds on Caucus Night know that their voices were heard and that their Party's heads are honoring their choice."

Link

Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 10:33:50 AM »

Fargo businessman and high level Obama supporter Dan Hannaher was chosen at the North Dakota convention as ND's add-on superdelegate. He was also endorsed by Montana DNC member Margaret Campbell.

Any word on the final delegate count coming out of the D-NPL convention?  (i.e. were there any unexpected changes in pledged delegates)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »

Rep. John Tanner (D-TN) has endorsed Clinton:

"In my opinion, the best person to lead this critical effort is Hillary Clinton. Hillary is a smart, pragmatic leader who understands the grave situation our country faces, with a $9 trillion debt, much of which is borrowed from foreign countries. Now, more than ever, our nation needs a leader like Sen. Clinton who can work with others to return to fiscal sanity."

Source
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 08:06:39 AM »

Rep. Joe Donnelly (D-IN) has endorsed Obama.

Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »

8/13 of Edwards' Florida delegates for Obama

None for Clinton

This essentially guarantees Obama a clinch of pledged delegates, including MI & FL, on Tuesday.

Would you really count delegates originally pledged to another candidate as Obama's pledged delegates, though?

I don't in my counts (I treat them as superdelegates), and I assume Hillary will make the same argument.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 02:00:33 PM »

Oregon DNC Gail Rasmussen for Obama

By my count, that's the endorsement that guarantees Obama victory if MI/FL are completely barred from the convention (it won't happen, but it's a landmark point nonetheless).
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 09:56:02 AM »

From DCW:

Virginia DNC Jerome Wiley Segovia for Obama

Louisiana DNC & Party Chair Chris Wittington for Clinton.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 10:00:47 AM »

Oh, and also:

Connecticut DNC (and state chair) Nancy DiNardo for Obama.

She's the last of the CT superdelegates to endorse (including Add-Ons), making the final CT superdelegate count 10 - 2 for Obama.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 12:57:41 PM »

New York DNC Irene Stein for Clinton.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

MA-1 (my old district) voted pretty solidly for Clinton (56% of the two-way vote), so that's an interesting endorsement there.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »

Around 10 Edwards delegates just switched to Obama

Anyone have any details on this one?
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 05:09:48 PM »

An accidental clinch is looking possible...by his own reckoning, he's just 12 delegates away.  He can afford a couple more, but he needs to stop now.  He's definitely secured himself a clinch with MT/SD.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 06:55:32 PM »

Maryland DNC Belkis Leong-Hong for Obama.

Any idea why DCW says Obama's only 9 delegates off now?  Did I miss a couple of endorsements?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies