June 6th Primaries: NM, MS, CA, IA, AL, NJ, MT, SD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:57:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  June 6th Primaries: NM, MS, CA, IA, AL, NJ, MT, SD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: June 6th Primaries: NM, MS, CA, IA, AL, NJ, MT, SD  (Read 8889 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 03:10:47 PM »

BTW, good to see Riley beat Moore. Smiley
Now, since no one else said anything, here's NM Wink
That's your job.
Grin True enough. Smiley
You must be logged in to read this quote.
And that's their job. Grin
Also quite true Tongue
What's so bad about her?
She's evil. Talented, but evil. She treats her employees rather badly. Are you familiar with Catbert from the Dilbert comic strip? That's her to the core. Shocked And she's for machines and against paper ballots, for those of you interested in that. Smiley
Unless his opponent was from the area as well... that is pretty astonishing.
Actually, he is, which I wasn't aware of...but Powell hasn't been a politician here for a while, whereas Baca was here more recently. Wink Read the blog link in my sig - there's some analysis there in the past few entries of why the fact that Baca couldn't win this county is important. Pity Powell lost...he might have been able to sway my vote. Wink

Now, since no one else said anything, here's NM Wink...
And now you have more information on NM races than you ever wanted to know. Tongue

Thanks, WMS! As a previous Albuquerque resident I appreciate the update.

You're quite welcome NewFed. Smiley Anyone in particular you want to me to check on?
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2006, 04:01:33 PM »

Is Richard Romero still in politics?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2006, 05:36:35 PM »

Wow, Siegelman got owned.  What's with these Democratic primaries suddenly becoming a landslide on election day?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »

Did Moore win any counties in Alabama?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2006, 12:07:46 PM »

Not that I'm aware of...there's only so many times he can get undermined by the South Valley Democratic machine before he decides to stop running. Wink He might try again in 2 years, but I don't know for certain.

And I forgot about this gem:
Democrats, Bernalillo County:
County Sheriff:
Jose E. Chavez - 59.22%
Geraldine Amato - 40.78%

Why is this a gem? Read this. As a Democrat in my office said...it's frightening that someone like Geraldine Amato got 40% of the primary vote. Grin
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2006, 12:58:29 PM »

Thanks for the update, WMS. I really appreciate it.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2006, 01:27:43 PM »

My election analyze:

New Mexico-Bingaman will win regardless who the republican candidate is and so will Bill Richardson. No real surprises here.

Mississippi-Erik Fleming failed to get above 50%, does that mean he will go to a runoff? It really doesnt matter though because Lott will mercy who ever gets the nomination.

California-I was really hoping that Westly would win. I think he faced a better chance of winning against arnold then angelides. Maybe if I lived in california then I would feel diffrently, but for the sake of governorship pickups that was how I was thinking. Well, I hope Angelides is a viable candidate and doesnt get murdured by arnold. Looks like Mountjoy will be the republicans sacrificial lamb against Feinstein. If Boxer did good then I wonder how good moderate fienstein will do against this mediocre republican?

Iowa-I was betting on a Culver win for the nomination although I didnt think It would have been this close.  Even though he is not the brightest bulb, I think he will have the best chance against Nussle. This one will be close.

Alabama-I am happy that Baxley won. Siegelman is a crook and couldnt even best Moore in some of the polls. If Riley has a bad summer/fall then I think Baxley could squeek out a win. I was also wishing Moore would have won. I knew it was unlikely but a Moore Vs. Baxley race would give us a definite pickup.

New jersey- No real surprises here either. Everyone with half a brain knew Kean Jr. would win but I thought he would have broken 80% against this no-name. Oh well, this is going to be a close race to the very end. GO MENENDEZ!!!!

Montana-Biggest surprise of the night. When I first heard of Tester I thought he was a no-name with no chance against burns but boy was I wrong. The more I hear about him, the more I like him. I think in the long run he will face a better chance of wining than Morrison.

South Dakoda- The abortion banner who says NO exceptions even if the mothers life is in danger wins..............the end........
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »

You're quite welcome Kiki even though nothing ever much changes here Tongue
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2006, 02:40:17 PM »

You know, you're right. I have been gone since 2000 and yet most of the players are the same. I suspect the Greens have faded a bunch since I left, however.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2006, 03:32:52 PM »

You know, you're right. I have been gone since 2000 and yet most of the players are the same. I suspect the Greens have faded a bunch since I left, however.

Yes, they have. Wink I don't even know if they're going to run anyone this year...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2006, 03:27:19 AM »

Not that I'm aware of...there's only so many times he can get undermined by the South Valley Democratic machine before he decides to stop running. Wink He might try again in 2 years, but I don't know for certain.

County Sheriff:
Jose E. Chavez - 59.22%
Geraldine Amato - 40.78%

Why is this a gem? Read this. As a Democrat in my office said...it's frightening that someone like Geraldine Amato got 40% of the primary vote. Grin

Okay. Based on this I change my opinion. Bandit could get nominated in Eastern Kentucky.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2006, 12:32:14 PM »

County Sheriff:
Jose E. Chavez - 59.22%
Geraldine Amato - 40.78%

Okay. Based on this I change my opinion. Bandit could get nominated in Eastern Kentucky.
Yup. Amato's even crazier in person. Grin
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2006, 04:05:12 PM »

*bump*

Well, the Reps got a different candidate to go against Richardson...John Dendahl, conservative/libertarian firebrand, more than a little controversial, and definitely an attack dog. Kind of our version of Keystone Phil. Grin

Richardson is still gonna win...but the entertainment level of this campaign just went up by quite a lot. Smiley

For more details, click on the link to the NM political blog in my signature.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2006, 04:33:39 AM »

I hope Espy knocks off the useless Thompson for sure...don't know if he will though.
I'm also rooting for Siegelman in Alabama, who from what I've seen is much preferable to Baxley.

A friend of mine from AL has told me that they've declared Baxley the winner.

I'm both bummed and happy.

I can't seem to find any recent info on the Alabama Governor's race, other than the polls here, and a thread from back in February. Anyone have any news about this campaign?

Why don't you like Baxley, Harry? I thought Riley was really hurt by that attempted tax hike a few years ago. I'm surprised he has recovered. Since Baxley won, I hope she still has a decent chance.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2006, 11:34:37 AM »

I hope Espy knocks off the useless Thompson for sure...don't know if he will though.
I'm also rooting for Siegelman in Alabama, who from what I've seen is much preferable to Baxley.

A friend of mine from AL has told me that they've declared Baxley the winner.

I'm both bummed and happy.

I can't seem to find any recent info on the Alabama Governor's race, other than the polls here, and a thread from back in February. Anyone have any news about this campaign?

Why don't you like Baxley, Harry? I thought Riley was really hurt by that attempted tax hike a few years ago. I'm surprised he has recovered. Since Baxley won, I hope she still has a decent chance.

One of the things that Mark Warner proved a couple of years ago and that Riley is proceeding to prove now is that raising people's taxes publicly in the South at the state level (can't say this at the federal level) is not akin to electoral suicide.  Other issues are playing more important right now in those places at the state level, at least in the South.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies