Netherlands Plans Expansion of Child Euthanasia Policy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:38:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Netherlands Plans Expansion of Child Euthanasia Policy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Netherlands Plans Expansion of Child Euthanasia Policy  (Read 7357 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: September 29, 2005, 08:05:27 PM »

Disgusting.  Obviously all euthanasia should be banned.  You allow some of it and now some screwball government thinks it's okay to kill children with the parents' consent.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 08:44:41 AM »

You don't support child euthanasia do you?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 08:55:15 AM »

Putting kids "out of their misery" with the parents' consent strikes me as a great invasion of disability rights.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »

Putting kids "out of their misery" with the parents' consent strikes me as a great invasion of disability rights.
Again not talking about hadicapped, but terminally ill children, that are spared weeks, perhaps months or even years of misery. Modern medicin can keep people alive for a long time, eventhough they are bound to die
Aren't we all bound to die?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 10:00:29 AM »

Again not talking about hadicapped, but terminally ill children, that are spared weeks, perhaps months or even years of misery. Modern medicin can keep people alive for a long time, eventhough they are bound to die
Aren't we all bound to die?
you are deliberately misinterpreteting me. These children will never live a full life and without aids they would surely die within a short timespan
And I still don't see the reason to kill them.  They are not old enough to consent and just because two doctors think they can decide what his quality of life will be doesn't mean that his right to life should be taken away.  This must be the American in me but I believe in the right to life, not a doctor's definition of a "full life."
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 12:57:04 PM »

I support euthanasia and assisted suicide i'm afraid. So for me Holland is making a progresive choice.
Child euthanasia is regressive, not progressive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies