Pacifican Statehood Act of 2006 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:20:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacifican Statehood Act of 2006 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacifican Statehood Act of 2006  (Read 10190 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: May 03, 2006, 08:12:09 PM »

I urge my senators, Keystone Phil and Earl, to vote no.

^I can do that here right?

If the people of of Pacifica want this, I don't see why I should have my nay vote get in their way.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 09:31:11 PM »

I urge my senators, Keystone Phil and Earl, to vote no.

^I can do that here right?

If the people of of Pacifica want this, I don't see why I should have my nay vote get in their way.

I would agree that popular sovereignty is a good notion, but this is a special case.  Firstly,  they are far too far apart to be one state.  It would be ridiculous to think of how it could be governed as a state or even within the Pacific region, which would be extended by thousands of miles if Pacifica was added.  Also, the state would be too small to be added.  I also believe Wyoming shouldn't have been added, but certainly not the couple hundred thousand living on these islands.

I understand your concerns, but I believe the people of Pacifica should weigh those concerns themselves and decide in the form of a referendum rather than have some Senator from the mainland decide for them Smiley
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 11:04:51 PM »

Quick question to supporters of this bill: do you support D.C. statehood?

Of course.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 05:42:38 AM »

Aye
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 12:45:14 AM »

I great tragedy has befallen Atlasia today.

I agree, it is tragic that a bill to lump American Samoa in with Guam as a single state got any votes at all.

We tried, MasterJedi, we tried! Sad

No, it's a tragedy that people voted against it in the first place. Anybody who voted against it should be ashamed that they voted in such a way.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 02:35:54 PM »

EARL! Why were you betraying Atlasia by voting for such a ridiculous bill.  Maintaining Pacifica as a state and within a region would be expensive and extremely difficult.  If they wanted to live in a state they could move to one, or they could ask for independenc if they wanted, but statehood would be impossible.

*Applauds five nay voters*

*Boos abstainers*

*Boos/throws tomatoes at aye voters*

I believe in democracy, and I feel that the people have the right to decide whether they want to be a state or not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies