To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:42:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.  (Read 8720 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: March 09, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »

The fact that you view this as merely a tactical error rather than a moral failure to me shows that you're full of hooey. This won't fool anybody in 2020.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:55:12 PM »

Oh yes, this is quite true. The problem is a liberal looks at Pruitt saying global warming isn't real, and thinks "Anyone who believes him must be stupid", when in fact, their support of him is just code for "I don't want environmentalism ruining my economy," or "I don't care if Florida is underwater in 200 years" or something like that. It's not so much a matter of stupidity as a difference in values and priorities. Which can be engaged upon. But if you assume they're stupid right off the bat, you won't engage.

Global warming is already destroying the economy:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/sep/26/climate-change-damaging-global-economy
You must be logged in to read this quote.

And Florida is sinking *now*.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/science/flooding-of-coast-caused-by-global-warming-has-already-begun.html

Pretending pi is 3 is not a  difference "in values and priorities" it's the difference in whether or not your buildings fall down.
All the better a reason to vote for Trump-if global warming turns my parent's house into an oceanfront rather than intracoastal front home, my grandchildren will be rich.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 02:12:02 PM »

Oh yes, this is quite true. The problem is a liberal looks at Pruitt saying global warming isn't real, and thinks "Anyone who believes him must be stupid", when in fact, their support of him is just code for "I don't want environmentalism ruining my economy," or "I don't care if Florida is underwater in 200 years" or something like that. It's not so much a matter of stupidity as a difference in values and priorities. Which can be engaged upon. But if you assume they're stupid right off the bat, you won't engage.

Global warming is already destroying the economy:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/sep/26/climate-change-damaging-global-economy

And Florida is sinking *now*.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/science/flooding-of-coast-caused-by-global-warming-has-already-begun.html

Pretending pi is 3 is not a  difference "in values and priorities" it's the difference in whether or not your buildings fall down.
All the better a reason to vote for Trump-if global warming turns my parent's house into an oceanfront rather than intracoastal front home, my grandchildren will be rich.

Is this a serious comment? How many meters from sea level is your parents' house located?
What do you think?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:47:55 PM »

I've never met an intelligent racist.
You don't hang out with suburban upper-middle class white Democrats?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 02:41:21 AM »

You guys are in for a rough time as it is, don't dig your 2020 hole any deeper.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 03:08:03 AM »

You guys are in for a rough time as it is, don't dig your 2020 hole any deeper.

If they really want to jump then you can't stop them.
On the contrary, like a New Yorker from the seventies, I should be yelling "jump asshole!" at the intended jumpers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies