Do you believe Creationism should be taught in public schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:36:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you believe Creationism should be taught in public schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe creationism should be taught in public schools
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 113

Author Topic: Do you believe Creationism should be taught in public schools  (Read 13594 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: November 28, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »

Are you posting from 2007?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 09:02:22 PM »

Walt Brown? You guys are still using that old hack and his magical hyroplates?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 05:33:29 PM »

As a student of biology I mist tell you: the entire academic discipline is made into nonsense if evolution is thrown out the window. One can 'understand' the subject without it, but only at an entirely superficial level that lacks scientific grounding.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:15:18 PM »

No. Creationism is not fact, nor is it another "side of the argument". If there was a religion that was spewing that "2 + 2 = 5" and that both should be taught, wouldn't that be counterproductive? People have a right to teach and learn what they want in their own homes, not mine. If you have a moral objection to being taught, or having your child taught evolution, find a private school. Public schools are to inform, not to indoctrinate personal views.
Except Macroevolution is also a personal view.
It's a personal view like 2 + 2 is 4. It's fact.
Alright prove it's a fact. Where you there? Did you see the beginning of time?
I wasn't there, but neither was a floating sky god. If you would like proof of evolution, look up a book. Check out some biology textbooks or read the Smithsonian's Natural History page. Personally, I care very little of what people believe about Evolution, just as long as it doesn't affect education or my personal well being.
Oh, I hadn't realized that you had spoken to "floating sky God" and asked Him if He was there. I also hadn't realized He told you He wasn't there. I also hadn't realized that books written by humans who were not also there held all the answers. I also hadn't realized that the all knowing lower case g god that is the Smithsonian was at the beginning of time and told you how the world began, despite being younger than America.
By the way, I have read many biology textbooks. Those that support Creationism, though I still recognize that they could be just as wrong as your Evolutionist textbooks.
First off, I haven't spoken to the "floating sky god" because he doesn't exist. Secondly, books written by people who weren't there is really the basis of literature, I mean was any Modern Historian alive for Julius Caesar? We have a incredible amount of proof of The Big Bang, Lucy, and the lead-up to who we are today. The difference between Evolution and Creationism is facts pure and simple. I would be extremely willing to accept Creationism/God in my heart if they had facts our their side. I wish they had the same attitude, but today we face polarization and the reluctance to look at the other side. It's sad really.
What facts do you have on your side?! The difference between Evolution and Creationism is Creationism has a better explanation for the world. Even the smallest living things are to complicated for the world to be an accident. Where's your incredible amount of proof? Mine is the world we live in.

Evolution is not an "accident" it's a process, which has been extensively documented, observed and theorised upon.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 03:10:28 PM »

I suppose if one wanted to be finickity, you could say if you didn't believe in the Adam and Eve tale, then there is no way humanity can receive the original sin which is the whole driving force behind the faith.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies