Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:43:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem  (Read 19675 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 23, 2017, 01:14:59 PM »

I wonder how Donald Trump would react if fans at the game kneeled during the national anthem.

Gonna be hard to kneel between bleacher seats.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 01:29:38 PM »

The NFL has covered up for plenty of real criminals, who still get to keep their outrageous salaries and fame, and we don't see him talking about those folks.

But sure, let's talk about firing people who are actually doing nothing wrong.

There's nothing wrong with not standing for the national anthem?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 01:40:31 PM »

The NFL has covered up for plenty of real criminals, who still get to keep their outrageous salaries and fame, and we don't see him talking about those folks.

Is there literally anything wrong with not signing a quarterback because he's not good enough?
There is literally nothing wrong with not standing for the national anthem, yes.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »

Is there literally anything wrong with not signing a quarterback because he's not good enough?
There is literally nothing wrong with not standing for the national anthem, yes.

You see, I would agree you if Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon, and Brian Hoyer didn't have jobs.

What about the guy who lost his starting job to Blaine Gabbert in 2015?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 01:57:18 PM »

You see, I would agree you if Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon, and Brian Hoyer didn't have jobs.

What about the guy who lost his starting job to Blaine Gabbert in 2015?

On a team that was actively trying to tank and is run by a manchild who got all his money from his dad? (Where have I heard that before)

So was he too good for a tanking team lol
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »

If you do something as controversial as not stand for the national anthem and draw that kind of attention to yourself, you should at least prove that you're good enough for owners to overlook the distraction. Signing Kaepernick is not worth the controversy he brings because he's not good enough.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 02:43:51 PM »

I cannot see how anyone can possibly deny the fact Donald Trump is a fascist...
I'd love to see you say this in front of a bonafide Auschwitz survivor.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »

If you do something as controversial as not stand for the national anthem and draw that kind of attention to yourself, you should at least prove that you're good enough for owners to overlook the distraction. Signing Kaepernick is not worth the controversy he brings because he's not good enough.

He led his team to a Super Bowl one year and an NFC championship another year. But yeah he's not good enough to start over Brian Hoyer.

Yeah and last year he led his team to a 2-14 record.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 03:04:35 PM »

Trump's comments badmouthing Colin Kaepernick and others who kneel, sit, or raise fists during the national anthem is more proof that he is a senile racist. As an American who believes in patriotism and the freedom of expression, I proudly support the actions of Kaepernick and Co. kneeling, sitting, or raising fists during the anthem.

Okay
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 03:05:44 PM »

He led his team to a Super Bowl one year and an NFC championship another year. But yeah he's not good enough to start over Brian Hoyer.

To be fair, last year's 49ers would have terrible with any quarterback.

Still, Kaepernick was their quarterback
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 03:06:36 PM »

Blake Bortles doesn't even have a double digit wins total in over 3 seasons as a starter and yet who are the Jags starting this year?

They are starting Blake Bortles. Do you need a source for my statement?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 03:46:55 PM »

First I want to say, that this is an area a president should not insert himself into.
The Fuhrer is mixing 1st amendment issues, with employers needing to fire people and saying that the NFL is "massively losing ratings" because of the god-trump.

If you watch the video of his speech (http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/politics/nfl-goodell-trump-response/index.html), trump is feeding-off of the crowd, so he says stupid things to get attention (very immature and childish). He gets a hard-on from the applause and excitement of his Deplorable base. trump needs to feel accepted, and if he doesn't have it, he pretends he does and convinces himself that it's really there and everyone else is wrong.
If you haven't figured it out yet, this clown has severe mental problems, including a bad-case of narcissism.

I think comparing Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler is immature and childish.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »

First I want to say, that this is an area a president should not insert himself into.
The Fuhrer is mixing 1st amendment issues, with employers needing to fire people and saying that the NFL is "massively losing ratings" because of the god-trump.

If you watch the video of his speech (http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/politics/nfl-goodell-trump-response/index.html), trump is feeding-off of the crowd, so he says stupid things to get attention (very immature and childish). He gets a hard-on from the applause and excitement of his Deplorable base. trump needs to feel accepted, and if he doesn't have it, he pretends he does and convinces himself that it's really there and everyone else is wrong.
If you haven't figured it out yet, this clown has severe mental problems, including a bad-case of narcissism.

One bigot Fascist deserves another. (Sorry the truth hurts your feelings.)

Tell that to a survivor of Auschwitz. Also, reading that doesn't hurt my feelings, it hurts my IQ.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 04:10:51 PM »

One bigot Fascist deserves another. (Sorry the truth hurts your feelings.)

Tell that to a survivor of Auschwitz. Also, reading that doesn't hurt my feelings, it hurts my IQ.

There isn't much to your (low) IQ to be hurt, so at least you have that going for you.

1. You completely ignore the first part of my statement.

2. Here comes the petty name calling and intellectual superiority
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 09:45:51 AM »

I think this is the best compromise

If you don't want to stand for the national anthem ,that's ok but you have to stay in the locker room during the anthem .

MODERATE COMPROMISE!!

"By all means you should feel free to protest, but make sure you are hidden away so no one can see you..."

That's the whole point , as the on field protest  is causing major problems for the NFL and they need to move on from this issue asap .

Outside of angry internet commenters, not really.

Not really? Have you not seen their ratings?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »

I never stand for the anthem for a variety of reasons one mainly being the countries views on Arabs and Muslims. And guess what, it's perfectly my right as an American to do that. It's not unamerican as the TRIGGERED right claims it is.

I do not see a problem with NFL players kneeling either. It's another false outrage the President and the right have.

America is not Anti Muslim or Anti Arab

You mean aside from the atmosphere of Islamophobia and racism directed towards Arabs and those who appear to be Arab to ignorant people, the government's history of racial profiling of Arabs and Muslims, the spying on Muslim communities following 9/11, the government's recent ban on people from several predominantly Muslim countries (while ignoring that the perpetrators of 9/11 were majority Saudi (excluded from the ban list) and most American terrorist attacks were conducted by people born in Western countries), and the hysterical right-wing conspiracies that are believed by a significant number of Americans (such as around half of Republican voters believing Obama is a Muslim)?

The fact is if you are an refugee or immigrant from the middle east you should not call America anti muslim as America gave you a better life.

Okay, I’m not a refugee or immigrant from the Middle East: America is anti-Muslim.

That is absolutely, 100% ridiculous.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 04:43:35 PM »

I never stand for the anthem for a variety of reasons one mainly being the countries views on Arabs and Muslims. And guess what, it's perfectly my right as an American to do that. It's not unamerican as the TRIGGERED right claims it is.

I do not see a problem with NFL players kneeling either. It's another false outrage the President and the right have.

You mean aside from the atmosphere of Islamophobia and racism directed towards Arabs and those who appear to be Arab to ignorant people, the government's history of racial profiling of Arabs and Muslims, the spying on Muslim communities following 9/11, the government's recent ban on people from several predominantly Muslim countries (while ignoring that the perpetrators of 9/11 were majority Saudi (excluded from the ban list) and most American terrorist attacks were conducted by people born in Western countries), and the hysterical right-wing conspiracies that are believed by a significant number of Americans (such as around half of Republican voters believing Obama is a Muslim)?

The fact is if you are an refugee or immigrant from the middle east you should not call America anti muslim as it was America who gave you a better life.

So, no matter how you're treated in this country, you should shut up and accept it? It's understandable to see why Muslims may feel this way. We've been bombing and invading majority Muslim countries for nearly two decades now, engaged in imperialistic actions there for decades, many leaders (such as the President) espouse Islamophobia, they've been systematically targeted by the legal system and law enforcement, refugees and other citizens from Muslim majority countries have been scapegoated and banned from the country, and are often subjected to bigotry, discrimination, and domestic terrorism (bombing of mosques). The American government is anti-Muslim, despite the fact that it allows Muslims residence and (for most) ability to immigrate here. America's attitude and policies towards Muslims (domestically and internationally) need to be radically changed.

What about the British national anthem that the players stood for? Are the British not imperialists? "The sun never sets on the British Empire!"
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »

The response you will see today is just further evidence of the point I brought up on Saturday: had Trump never said anything, none of this would have happened, the fringe of the NFL would have done their thing, and life would have gone on. BUT because Trump is a moron, he's actually incited many of the more 'moderate' players and convinced them that the fringe was actually correct all along.

Its the same crap we pulled in the Middle East. Bin Laden and Al Qaeda rant about how the US is controlling muslim countries, overthrowing regimes, etc....no one cares, then they attack us and we play right into their hands to radicalize thousands of more fighters.

This is all in the context that Trump doesn't want to do much to improve the underlying friction causing these protests in the first place. So again, the best thing for him to do would have been ignore and dismiss and hope it goes away by itself, but that proved to be far too difficult for him.

To me the issue has now shifted from a "should" to a "can" thing. I liked the larger number of player kneeling today and it bleeding over into baseball because it shows that this is America and the president doesn't get to tell people when they have to stand up.

Really, all of this shows how weak Trump is and how little respect he commands. First about a couple people on every team were doing, after he says not to, everyone starts doing it. The formal powers of the office remain the same, but Trump has less informal power than any president in recent memory. Yet another health care failure this week only compounds the issue.

The President didn't try to tell them what to do.. He said what he would do if he were an owner and his players did it.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 04:48:53 PM »

The fact is if you are an refugee or immigrant from the middle east you should not call America anti muslim as it was America who gave you a better life.

So, no matter how you're treated in this country, you should shut up and accept it? It's understandable to see why Muslims may feel this way. We've been bombing and invading majority Muslim countries for nearly two decades now, engaged in imperialistic actions there for decades, many leaders (such as the President) espouse Islamophobia, they've been systematically targeted by the legal system and law enforcement, refugees and other citizens from Muslim majority countries have been scapegoated and banned from the country, and are often subjected to bigotry, discrimination, and domestic terrorism (bombing of mosques). The American government is anti-Muslim, despite the fact that it allows Muslims residence and (for most) ability to immigrate here. America's attitude and policies towards Muslims (domestically and internationally) need to be radically changed.

What about the British national anthem that the players stood for? Are the British not imperialists? "The sun never sets on the British Empire!"

Practically every Western country has a tragic imperialist legacy from which they've benefited at the expense of those they exploited and oppressed. The consequences of Western imperialistic hubris is ongoing, with terrorism, the rise of the Islamic State, the Iranian Revolution, Saudi Arabia and its exporting of Wahhabism through madrasas they fund using Western money, and the artificial borders imposed upon peoples throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America, being direct consequences of those actions.

So why would they not stand for the US National Anthem but will stand for the anthem of perhaps the most imperialist country in the world?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

I dislike the UK so much I want to leave it, but one of your colonies is almost entirely without power after a hurricane. But that's 'their' problem right? And while the UK isn't a flag bearer for race relations, at least 70 years ago US black servicemen could get counter service.

Like you just said, they're our colony so we will take care of them..
What's keeping you there?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »

I dislike the UK so much I want to leave it, but one of your colonies is almost entirely without power after a hurricane. But that's 'their' problem right? And while the UK isn't a flag bearer for race relations, at least 70 years ago US black servicemen could get counter service.

Like you just said, they're our colony so we will take care of them..
What's keeping you there?

We seem to be doing such a GREAAT job helping Puerto Rico right now...

Please enlighten us on the GREAAT job you would do.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 04:55:43 PM »

I never stand for the anthem for a variety of reasons one mainly being the countries views on Arabs and Muslims.

Christians in the Islamic world face far more discrimination and violence than Muslims anywhere in the West.

And your point is? Are we supposed to judge our country by the way people in other countries behave and are treated?

My point is that Muslims are hypocrites for complaining about ''Islamophobia'' in the West. It doesn't even come close to how non-Muslims are treated in most countries where Muslims make up a majority. If they think the West is so ''oppressive'', they should move to the part of the world where they are the ones in charge.

So, a Muslim such as TSA is a hypocrite because some Muslim that he never met, belongs to an ethnicity with which he has no relation, and lives thousands of miles away from him in a country he never visited engages in oppressive behaviors towards non-Muslim(s)? Is that what you're saying?

It's funny when right wing loons all like to place us all in a box and act like we all hold the same views.

You mean like when you say America is anti-Muslim?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 04:21:07 PM »

Let's not forget that the only reason Trump and his supporters say "son of a bitch" and "thug" is because they can't get away with saying "uppity n-rs."

What a joke lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies