1996 Wild Rewind Election Game (Signup Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:15:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1996 Wild Rewind Election Game (Signup Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1996 Wild Rewind Election Game (Signup Thread)  (Read 2093 times)
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« on: January 27, 2019, 02:01:14 AM »

Reporter: We now come to Scranton, Pennsylvania, where the former governor, Bob Casey, is making an announcement regarding a presidential decision. Let's listen in:

"...but in recent years, it has become apparent to many folk, myself included, that the Democratic Party has lost it's way. No longer is it the party of the working man, the single mother raising a family, or the elderly couple. It instead has embraced a radicalized platform of abortion-on-demand, ridiculing the religious as "backwards," and taxing and spending from here to kingdom come.

I have thought long and hard about this ever since that fateful July day back in 1992, when I was barred from speaking at the National Convention for these same reasons. I was mocked and laughed at by the party, the same party I had admired for all of my life. So, after much reflection, discussion, and prayer, I have concluded that there is only one way to take back our party: By force.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am indeed running for the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States! We can't let our party be hijacked-we must fight back!..."

There you have it. Bob Casey, insurgent candidate for president. Now, as of right now he is the only declared Democrat, but it remains to be seen whether other candidates jump in, as President Clinton is expected to seek a second term, and, well, primarying a sitting president isn't something many people want to do.

As for Casey, he is not currently holding any office, which gives him a big advantage in that he can campaign without having to balance his schedule between his duties and his run.

Reporting from Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies