SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:05:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Do Not PM List Act (Law'd)  (Read 9728 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: March 14, 2011, 08:18:41 PM »

Where would citizens go to ask to be on this list?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:54:43 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2011, 01:02:02 PM by senator shua »

Where would citizens go to ask to be on this list?

Census Bureau thread.

It's written clearly.

No, the first sentence will need to be rewritten to be more clear grammatically, but I see now what was meant.

It could read:

1. Any Atlasian who makes an explicit request in the Census Bureau thread to be placed on a "Do not PM list" will be registered in such a list by the Registrar General.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »

yea
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »

Does that mean it's too late to change my vote?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 01:12:48 AM »

I've been thinking I really like people able to go right to the census bureau and see quickly what the latest census numbers are. I'm afraid if people are posting DNPM in the census thread, the actual census data is going to be less accessible.  Maybe we could change it to the new register thread. I'm generally wondering how many people are going to be using this option, because that would make a difference in how the forum is impacted by it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »

I would like to amend the bill to read:

Do Not PM List Act

1.  Any Atlasian who makes an explicit request in the New Register Thread to be placed on a "Do not PM list" will be registered in such a list by the Registrar General.

2. The "Do not PM list" shall be visible in one of the opening posts of the Census Bureau thread.

3. Any Atlasian wishing to campaing through PMs is requested to read the "Do not PM list" before doing so.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »

what is the reason for tabling this?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 10:18:44 AM »

this issue is going to keep coming up again until we find a solution so

nay
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »

Sorry. I've been tied up recently with some things pertaining to the girlfriend. I accept his amendment, if only I could find it. That said, he's being hostile and this is the last time I'll accept anything from him.

Huh what did I do to you?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 10:15:39 PM »

I really don't see the point of this. What was wrong with deregistration exactly? I feel like someone said it was a bad idea and overnight everyone changed their minds on it and we all moved on without any argument. This is certainly not a decent substitute. If someone really doesn't want to be involved in Atlasia again are they really going to have a breakdown if PM'ed once or twice before they fall off the rolls? Bgwah's objections to this thing are on the money.
our RG said if we passed a deregistration bill he would resign. the problem as I understand it is that it is supposed to be impossible to keep track of changes in status that occurred before a person was deregistered when the person decided to register again, so you could have people deregistering and then registering again so that they could change regions or escape penalties. however I do not know if actually this problem is insurmountable or not.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »

I really don't see the point of this. What was wrong with deregistration exactly? I feel like someone said it was a bad idea and overnight everyone changed their minds on it and we all moved on without any argument. This is certainly not a decent substitute. If someone really doesn't want to be involved in Atlasia again are they really going to have a breakdown if PM'ed once or twice before they fall off the rolls? Bgwah's objections to this thing are on the money.

our RG said if we passed a deregistration bill he would resign. the problem as I understand it is that it is supposed to be impossible to keep track of changes in status that occurred before a person was deregistered when the person decided to register again, so you could have people deregistering and then registering again so that they could change regions or escape penalties. however I do not know if actually this problem is insurmountable or not.

Good Lord almighty, that is what halted a deregistration bill? Just write around that requiring a cooldown period before reregistration, or make all current restrictions continue to apply regardless of registration status. Why wouldn't they? There's only one legal hiccup I see and it can easily be argued around.

also there would need to be a seperate deregistered list. it might actually have been specific aspects of Kalwejt's bill that Hans objected to.

looking back at the deregistration bill that Fritz vetoed I was wondering, bgwah, what made you change your mind about the DNPM idea?
What if we allowed voters to instead inform the RG they wished to be listed as "Inactive voter - Do not contact" on the census list, since the #1 concern is getting PMs asking them to vote. Of course, Teddy was especially bad in this regard and is now gone, but it will still happen to a lesser degree I'm sure.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 10:28:07 PM »

I suppose no love for the idea of having "Do Not PM" under "Additional Info"...?

If people are combing the voter rolls to find voters it's rather inconceivable that would be missed. There's no need to create a whole separate post and further clutter the Census Bureau.

There's nothing in the bill right now that specifies exactly how it would be done, just that it is in one of the opening posts, so if the RG wants to do it that way they can.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 12:01:35 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2011, 03:45:22 PM by senator shua »

I don't know that it would even be possible to insert an extra post at the beginning of the thread, and this legislation as it stands wouldn't require that. however, in order to make it more specific I'll put forward this as an amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »

I added a few words to the amendment I was proposing.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 12:34:06 AM »

Aye
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal