Atlasian Star (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:44:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Star (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Star  (Read 14968 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: July 12, 2017, 09:05:28 PM »

We must beef up security! Atlasia shall not stand back for these terrists (best attempt at a Bushism).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 11:47:32 AM »

Has Britain ratified the agreement even? Last I knew it was stuck in Parliament over bs concerns that we would start parceling out the NHS and trading it on Wall Street or something. Of course I might have missed a subsequent report. Wink

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:58:16 AM »

Has Britain ratified the agreement even? Last I knew it was stuck in Parliament over bs concerns that we would start parceling out the NHS and trading it on Wall Street or something. Of course I might have missed a subsequent report. Wink

Yes that deal was ratified by British Parliament.

That is good.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 02:19:27 AM »

Creative license has anti-Texas bias. Tongue

Could we get an estimate of the damage to property both commercial and residential with a breakdown between covered losses and those that are not covered by insurance?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 02:20:30 AM »

Also pretty sure there is a typo in the second amount listed, or a missing comma.

China to Impose $100,000,000 penalty after Atlasia misses deadline to ratify China-Atlasia  treaty 

The Chinese government in a press release today said that it was deeply disappointed that the Atlasian federal government was unable to ratify the proposed treaty today. However based on the fact the deal looks certain to be ratified by tomorrow, the Chinese government will instead impose a $1000,000,000 a day penalty until the deal is ratified for failing to reach the deadline. If the treaty is not ratified China has stated that they will walk away from the bargaining table.

Foul.

The Congress will not consent to any penalty.

Look at it from this perspective, lets say this was any other game. With a set of rules and part of the game was that something had to be done by X time limit or a match would be lost or some points deducted or something.

How is this different from that? And should it be different? Nobody is going to play a game where there are no consequences. Because the only way to be a able to win a game, is to also be able to lose it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 02:50:03 AM »

One cannot simply reject what the GM says, there's literally no way for you to reject it unless you want nuclear war.

Well I hope that people wouldn't let it escalate that far.

China and Russia will always come some kind of deal eventually, the question is how horrific is the cost of that deal going to be, and how many less bad deals will be thrown into a burning trashcan before people realize this is the game. Perhaps, and I pray we don't reach that point,  where some desire to play a game of chicken with the GM.

You get the kind of game you deserve and the kind of game you fight for. There is not enough people in 2017 to sustain an elections game with a number generator at its core, compared to the alternatives, it just won't stack up with less boring games a click away on your cell phone.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 04:02:58 AM »

I don't see a refusal to pay the China-imposed fine as a rejection of what the GM says. China can of course demand money but there is no face-saving way that Atlasia with its claim to be the strongest global superpower can yield to such demands.

Of course, assuming one remains within the boundaries of what the GM says, then yes it is possible to do that and it is also possible to face dire consequences.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 11:07:11 PM »

If you and the GM intend on using fake stories in a game to try to intimidate people, be my guest.  I don't think it will win you many favors.

Scott, Reality Check! THIS WHOLE THING IS FAKE. You are a fake Senator, I am a fake representative, everything here is fake, because it is a game!

The stories are part of the game. Quit trying to resist it, and the GM and just accept it. It was always suppose to be like this or similar to this. Dynamic and consequential.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 02:06:41 AM »

Thanks to this storyline Atlasia has become more exciting again.

Game Moderator AZ: Making Atlasia Exciting Again!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:52:08 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKluHHFK5bk
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies