PEI Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:31:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 37595 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2010, 08:58:33 PM »

I withdraw my motion in the Senate to readjust the boundaries of Lots 35 and 36, and decree that the same be done in my official capacity as Chancellor.
This is done

Any chance of this being reflected on the map? Tongue

I also insist that Pownal Station be placed on the map, as a reminder that Pownal is connected to the rail system.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »

I withdraw my motion in the Senate to readjust the boundaries of Lots 35 and 36, and decree that the same be done in my official capacity as Chancellor.
This is done

Any chance of this being reflected on the map? Tongue

I also insist that Pownal Station be placed on the map, as a reminder that Pownal is connected to the rail system.

Done. Also note that you can reorganize the lots in your parish how you wish, but this is discouraged as the public tend to like where they live. Also note that you can not magic up new lots or magic away old ones without either senate support of heavy public support from the area.

Note I've added highest quality roads (in purple)

http://www.ridingbyriding.ca/AMSTAR/pei_map.gif

Petition for Redress
A group of a dozen citizens from Egmont Parish has arrived at the Parliament buildings to beg the government to do something. They favour annexation by nearby parishes.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 10:47:27 PM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

Despite my previous attempt to make the Assembly more equitable for each Parish being met with ridicule, I have not given up on this endeavour. It is imperative that each Parish and City have a equitable distribution of Assemblymen with regard to its population. To that end, I propose the following legislation:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I support, and would vote for, this distribution.

Also, note that the assembly recently suggested this to our esteemed body:

2 - The assembly proposes to fund 50% of all wharfs, rail lines, and such improvements, and wishes to seek senate approval.

With a lack of specific Senate guidelines, I hereby suggest we vote on these two proposals. For simplicity's sake I shall manage this vote. One may assume that a majority vote is sufficient to pass any proposals that do not deprive a parish of money or property (I believe some form of supermajority would be necessary in such a case to prevent abuse of specific regions through the Senate. I do believe a written set of guidelines will be required, however).

Therefore, let us vote!

Apportionment Proposal: Aye
Commerce and Transport Proposal: Aye

During our heated debate, I missed this post.

Apportionment Proposal: Aye

Commerce and Transport Proposal: I propose an amendment clause preventing the National Government from staking any claim to tolls or levies imposed by the Parishes beyond their existing right to 1/3 of Parish income.

I also suggest a vote on the Mayor of Charlottetown's proposal for a fixed exchange rate.

1. To prevent ambiguity in our economy, that the currency exchange be specifically defined by the national government, at a rate of $100 to £1, £33 to €1, and $3300 to €1.

Fixed Exchange Rate Proposal: Aye

(This edit corrects that the national government is entitled to 1/3 of Parish income, not 10%)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »

I vote aye on your amendment to my proposal as well as the fixed exchange rates.

(OOC: posting on phone currently, will continue the heated debate when back at my computer! Smiley )
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »

The Provost votes, on behalf of Grenville Parish:

Aye to Reapportionment
Aye to Currency Exchange Rate Proposal

Judgment on the Chancellor's amendment to the Commerce and Transport proposal will be withheld until tomorrow, as the Provost is greatly fatigued from his demanding daily schedule of debates and personal coercions. Smiley
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2010, 11:37:47 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 11:39:25 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

I'd also like to send my congratulations to the hounarble Director of Halifax, and congratulate him on the fact that his annexation was calm, peacful, and ended in bloodshed. God bless your heart dear director.  

Ended in bloodshed?  I don't know what you're smoking.Wink

By the order of the Right Honourable Director of Halifax, this State of Emergency is hereby ended.

I wish to make a formal declaration of open development of a "main street highway" so to say within Halifax Parish, beginning in Cape Wolfe in Lot 7, connecting Dublane, Hebron, Coleman, and ending in Foxley River.

I would like to create an exploratory committee as to the idea of the wharf.  This committee will determine it's feasibility, impact on the Halifax economy, and the surrounding enviornment, both short term and long term.

I would also like to announce the creation of a Habour in Egmont Bay, at the mouth of the Percival River.  Construction is to begin immediately on Harbour facilities and components for one patrol boat and two cargo ships are currently being produced in Ellersie and Dublane.

x The Director

I will get back to you shortly on all of these

A "highway" could be created, but there is nothing to run on it. Increasing the road to the highest possibly qualify over that distance would cost about 5,000$

A wharf could be constructed at Cape Wolfe for the cost of 7£

There is no suitable location for a wharf in that area of egmont bay.

Well i would at the very least like to build upon the road.  Would I be able to get away with $3000 by flattening it out and then paving it using stones?

This wharf will then be put under construction.

Are there any suitable locations for one in the area that won't conflict with my good friend from Richmond?

The cost is for a gravel road, 3,000$ may not provide for full year-round cover.

As for a wharf you will need to be more specific.

What would the costs of a wharf at Foxley River be?

And if $5000 is how much it costs then so be it.  I will alleviate funds from the local militia to compensate.

Oh, and aye to both proposals.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2010, 11:44:40 PM »

Your assemblymen are begging you to invade the remainder of Egmont.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 11:49:33 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

And I will not do so unless the Countess doesn't do anything and if and only if the Lots in that area wish for it.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2010, 12:11:32 AM »

The situation in Edgmont is much akin to the situation in Charlotte. I would be a hypocrite if I did not advocate a similar course of action in Edgmont to the one I advocate for Charlotte. To that end, I move that Captain Jane be stripped of her title and expelled from the Senate, and that a replacement be appointed as soon as is practicable.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2010, 12:16:41 AM »

The situation in Edgmont is much akin to the situation in Charlotte. I would be a hypocrite if I did not advocate a similar course of action in Edgmont to the one I advocate for Charlotte. To that end, I move that Captain Jane be stripped of her title and expelled from the Senate, and that a replacement be appointed as soon as is practicable.

She practically resigned already.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2010, 12:32:09 AM »

And I will not do so unless the Countess doesn't do anything and if and only if the Lots in that area wish for it.

They feel the Countess has abdicated her duty.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2010, 12:35:04 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2010, 12:46:52 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Once again, unless the people of Egmont wish for me to annex them, I will not do so;  It only results in unnecessary usage of resources, and I only annexed Lot 7 due to their dire need.

So, is there definite word by the various Lots about annexation?  If there is, then I will send for the militia.  If not, then I will leave the matter until it becomes a priority.

UPDATE:  Alright, I have reached the conclusion that this is a no win situation.  By the order of the Director of Halifax, 25 troops of the Militia are to annex all remaining areas of Egmont.  If I get word of any bloodshed or violence, I will immediately discharge and exile the soldier responsible.

x The Director
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »

She practically resigned already.

That is true, but she technically must still be expelled before her replacement can be appointed.

(Incidentally, how are the adminstrators of the Parishes chosen? Are they elected? Appointed? By whom? And for how long?)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2010, 01:59:40 AM »

(Incidentally, how are the adminstrators of the Parishes chosen? Are they elected? Appointed? By whom? And for how long?)
Statement from the King
Hell if I know. People just show up and tell me who they are... so far there have been no disputes.

Once again, unless the people of Egmont wish for me to annex them, I will not do so;  It only results in unnecessary usage of resources, and I only annexed Lot 7 due to their dire need.

So, is there definite word by the various Lots about annexation?  If there is, then I will send for the militia.  If not, then I will leave the matter until it becomes a priority.

UPDATE:  Alright, I have reached the conclusion that this is a no win situation.  By the order of the Director of Halifax, 25 troops of the Militia are to annex all remaining areas of Egmont.  If I get word of any bloodshed or violence, I will immediately discharge and exile the soldier responsible.

x The Director

ORDERS
These orders have been dispatched.

NEWS
A ferry carrying a dozen citizens has arrived from Ferry Point near Cornwall. Among them is the Reeve of Charlotte parish who quickly rushed a surprised Mayor of Charlottetown into a private meal where he informed him that he trusts his deputy, and has heard good things. He left on the next ferry out before having the chance to be questioned.

A ferry now operates every 45 minutes between these two points.

Also among the passengers was a fisherman from St. David who rushed here. He reports that he saw "no less than a dozen" humans across the water and wants the government to send vessels out to the area to investigate. Previously it had been presumed that these other areas were uninhabited.

The map has been updated. Rail lines are thicker now representing dual track. Purple roads are considered "all season" while brown roads may be impassible during very wet weather.

It should be noted that the remainder of the island is literally covered with dirt roads of poor quality that are quite often impassible in the spring, fall, winter, or after a summer downpour.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2010, 02:07:58 AM »

NEWS

A popular opinion poll has been released, with over 25 people polled in each rural lot. The margin of error is +/- 20%, 19 times out of 20.

Leading the pack is the Chacellor who has the support of 100% of citizens polled in his parish.

The Mayor has the support of 96% while The Director, and The Bishop have the support of 92%.

Leaders of Grenville, Hillsborough, and St. George have the support of 88% of people polled.

Charlotte, North, East, St. Peters, St. Andrew, Richmond, and St. John each offer 84% support to their respective leaders.

In Georgetown, where only 5 people were polled, the local government has an 80% support ranking.

Egmont is the only parish with a negative ranking, with 24% approving, and 76% disapproving of local parish activities.

No one was able to enter Princeton due to guards at the border. It should be noted that other than the Commander of that city, no one from Princeton has been heard of, ever, as far as we know.

Island wide, a sample of 405 people (MoE 5% 19/20) gave an approval of 89% to the national government.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2010, 02:16:32 AM »

x The Director

UPDATE - The northern portions of Lot 6 have been secured. Residents are reported to be very friendly towards the troops, and some have even joined the troops as they continue their march. Lot 5, in whole, has also been secured. Lot 4 is in the process of being secured, west to east.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2010, 02:21:29 AM »

What day is it? I'd like to have some sense of how much time has elapsed.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2010, 02:23:30 AM »

29 of Spring
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2010, 02:39:35 AM »

Who conducted the opinion poll?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2010, 02:53:31 AM »

various local media outlets.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2010, 03:23:34 AM »

I am deeply concerned about the situation in Princeton. The Commander has not appointed a Deputy Senator, nor an Assemblyman, and now guards have turned away newspaper reporters at the city gates. I propose that we appoint a representative of the national government to investigate the condition of the city.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »

In light of the opinion polling conducted, the Provost feels that the Reeve of Charlotte, having clearly won over the vast majority of his citizens, ought to remain as his parish's leader. The Provost wishes to point out, however, that polling results may have varied among the lots and it is not clear whether the voters' disapproval is concentrated in one lot or spread evenly throughout the parish. The Provost inquires as to the existence of more in-depth polling results.

The Provost joins the Chancellor of Bedford in expressing his concern as to the state of governance in Princeton. Commander Rupert should be contacted forthwith and permitted to explain the peculiar state of his town.

The Provost believes that, in the interest of intra-island trade, the national and parish governments should endeavour to connect all towns on the island without reliable roads to their parish capitals. He therefore proposes the following:

Roads shall be constructed to connect all towns currently reliant upon poor-quality paths and tracks to the nearest town with a highway of sufficient quality for commerce and general transportation, at a cost shared equally by the Parishes in which the roads shall be constructed and the provincial government.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2010, 09:28:53 AM »

WAR UPDATE:

http://www.ridingbyriding.ca/AMSTAR/pei_map.gif

Egmont Parish no longer exists.

Troops took Alberton, where they were greeted with some reservation but no opposition. They happened upon Jane who was on her way to market. When confronted that she had not been doing her duty she said
You must be logged in to read this quote.
and handed them her "seal of office" before saying she was busy and went about her way.

The only trouble spot was in O'Leary. Troops were denied access to this town by troops from within the town. They demanded one of two things. Either to speak, personally, with The Director, or, to have O'Leary become the capitol of the newly expanded Halifax Parish. They point out that O'Leary is much larger then Ellerslie, and that the latter is the smallest Parish Capitol on the entire island.

Citizens in Ellerslie are indifferent towards this, though, some 20-30 would need to be re-located (and are willing to do so if ordered)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2010, 10:47:12 AM »

In light of the opinion polling conducted, the Provost feels that the Reeve of Charlotte, having clearly won over the vast majority of his citizens, ought to remain as his parish's leader. The Provost wishes to point out, however, that polling results may have varied among the lots and it is not clear whether the voters' disapproval is concentrated in one lot or spread evenly throughout the parish. The Provost inquires as to the existence of more in-depth polling results.

The Provost joins the Chancellor of Bedford in expressing his concern as to the state of governance in Princeton. Commander Rupert should be contacted forthwith and permitted to explain the peculiar state of his town.

The Provost believes that, in the interest of intra-island trade, the national and parish governments should endeavour to connect all towns on the island without reliable roads to their parish capitals. He therefore proposes the following:

Roads shall be constructed to connect all towns currently reliant upon poor-quality paths and tracks to the nearest town with a highway of sufficient quality for commerce and general transportation, at a cost shared equally by the Parishes in which the roads shall be constructed and the provincial government.

If the citizens of Charlotte are content without an equal voice in the Senate, then I no longer call for Reeve Lance's removal. I share the Provost's concerns about whether dissatifaction is concentrated in one spot or spread evenly around the parish, and his call for more in-depth results. To that end, I propose to the Honourable Provost that his Parish and mine jointly fund an independent committee to conduct such polling in the individual Lots, particularly Lots 24 and 34. I stress that such a committee would be independent, and not acting on behalf of any government.

With regard to the Provost's road construction proposal, I propose that good roads be built to all towns, not only those with poor roads leading to them. It is ridiculous that towns the size of Cavendish and Rustico have no roads leading to them at all.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2010, 11:02:24 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

The only trouble spot was in O'Leary. Troops were denied access to this town by troops from within the town. They demanded one of two things. Either to speak, personally, with The Director, or, to have O'Leary become the capitol of the newly expanded Halifax Parish. They point out that O'Leary is much larger then Ellerslie, and that the latter is the smallest Parish Capitol on the entire island.

Citizens in Ellerslie are indifferent towards this, though, some 20-30 would need to be re-located (and are willing to do so if ordered)

I wish to speak directly to the people of O'Leary in order to hear their concerns and demands.

Also, how is the construction of my road and the wharf at Foxley River?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies