Weird or interesting county results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:34:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Weird or interesting county results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird or interesting county results  (Read 2630 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: November 09, 2006, 01:33:34 PM »

Casey did amazingly well in central PA. It's fascinating to compare the Senatorial and gubernatorial maps; statewide, Rendell and Casey were nearly at parity, but they got their respective support from very different bases.

Libertarian Steve Osborn carrying a county in Indiana against the Lugar juggernaut (and he got only 13 percent statewide).

McCaskill cut deeply into Talent's rural base, which I was not expecting. It's pretty damn impressive that she got 41 percent in Ozark County, for example. Claire said that her victory was due to her hard work in rural areas, and she wasn't kidding.

Bingamin carrying every county was a shock. Isn't it against the law or something for a candidate to sweep New Mexico? Tongue But he did it, even carrying the Mormons of Catron County (incidentally, the only county to vote against Richardson).

Ben Nelson did much, much better in western Nebraska than I thought he would. He got 41 percent in Arthur County, and I didn't think he would break 30 percent there.

Klobuchar's massive win was a stunner. She actually carried suburban GOP strongholds like Scott County, and lost others only narrowly.

There are others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Maybe BRTD won't hate Scott quite so much now? Smiley

But yeah, especially impressive since Klobuchar was from Minneapolis and Kennedy from the suburbs. Suburban voters in most metro areas hate politicians from the inner city, and one would've figured these would be Kennedy's strongest areas. Which they were, which of course was his problem. Smiley

Nah, it just shows that even the most horrible areas still get it right sometimes. Smiley

Actually Kennedy did carry 3 out of Minnesota's 4 awful exurban hells. However two of those (Wright and Sherburne) are in his congressional district, and the other (Carver) basically always votes GOP no matter what.

Some of the other counties she won just stunned me. I mean if you had told me a year ago that a Minneapolis liberal would win Brown, Sibley and Roseau counties and come within 300 votes of winning Otter Tail I'd think you were insane.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 01:36:49 PM »

Klobuchar won Bachmann's old state Senate seat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies