Internal Show Dems in Trouble in IL-2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:09:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  Internal Show Dems in Trouble in IL-2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Internal Show Dems in Trouble in IL-2  (Read 3842 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: August 24, 2010, 07:38:51 AM »

LOL at the Democrats spinning this poll. Face the music, libs!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »

Not that I'm saying I believe this poll, but what was the PVI of the old Rostenkowski district when he lost it?

Is this the thread you had in mind when you cautioned people not to say "This Democrat will win, his district is too safe..." the other day?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »

I think the only way an entrenched incumbent loses a PVI > 20 seat is if he or she is caught up in a huge scandal in an off-year or off-time election, depressing turnout from their own party.  Jesse Jackson Junior isn't there - yet.

You'd have to find cash in his freezer. Seriously. This district is not going to flip to Republicans because "we're not thrilled with the economy." We can see massive shifts in safe districts in unusual elections, sure, but I wouldn't bet money on a big swing in a predominantly African-American district to the Republicans for the first time in modern times being one of them. But maybe I'm just lying to myself and refusing to face reality, and African-Americans are going to vote heavily Republican in an Obama mid-term election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies