Is Mitt Romney the Bill Clinton of the right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:51:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Mitt Romney the Bill Clinton of the right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Mitt Romney the Bill Clinton of the right?  (Read 4870 times)
hopper
United States

« on: June 16, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »

Bill Clinton stuck to his policy principles, by infusing the economy with capital gains tax cuts and cutting welfare.  Romney is simply trying to have it both ways criticize Obama for health care reform mandate and running on it the same time. He also flipped flopped on abortion as well, said won't ban abortion in MA. That's why he's gonna have a hard time winning.
Obama has flipped on the following: Immigration, Gitmo, and even flipped on the wars and even the Bush Tax Cuts a little bit. So its a flip against a flop!
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 05:32:29 PM »

I was thinking of this today and yesterday-Dem's didn't feel good about Clinton in 1992 when he was running for President in the Dem Primary. The Dem Base was more for Paul Tsongas at first than for Jerry Brown or Clinton at the time I believe. Likewise the Republicans Base in 2012 was shaky about Romney-I mean the R Base checked out Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich, and Santorum and didn't like them better than Romney. Clinton's unfavorable's were similar to Romney's during both parties Presidential Primaries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies