West Virginia 2000 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:28:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  West Virginia 2000 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: West Virginia 2000  (Read 7027 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 25, 2007, 04:13:33 PM »

The Gore campaign didn't make a proper effort in the state right until the end.

Not true; they never made a proper effort there. Mind you, turned out that that was better than make a half-hearted effort before staging a big, arrogrant "F*** YOU!" pullout from the state, like a certain candidate did four years later.

I'm not bitter you understand. Not at all. Honest.

Why the hell did Kerry pull out anyway? I had him winning WV up until a few weeks before the election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:17:33 PM »

Not true; they never made a proper effort there. Mind you, turned out that that was better than make a half-hearted effort before staging a big, arrogrant "F*** YOU!" pullout from the state, like a certain candidate did four years later.

Why the hell did Kerry pull out anyway? I had him winning WV up until a few weeks before the election.

It was a long shot with only 5 Electoral Votes. Better to focus on Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Florida.

I'm just wondering why they allowed it to become a longshot.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 02:44:22 AM »

It was a long shot with only 5 Electoral Votes. Better to focus on Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Florida.

I'm just wondering why they allowed it to become a longshot.

I may as well ask you why you've let Maine, formerly a Republican stronghold, become a longshot. Both parties have obviously drifted over the years, changing the location of their bases. In WV, I would point to a decline in union jobs and the religious push from Republicans.

Except Kerry actually held the lead in WV for awhile in 2004 and Bush never led in Maine that year.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 10:25:36 PM »

republicans were hopeful up until october or so that theyd win one ev in maine.  there was some kind of gun question on the ballot that the republicans (wrongly) assumed would help bush in the rural parts of the state.

I know but no polls ever showed them winning that district or the state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies