Are Mormon's Christians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:04:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Are Mormon's Christians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Mormon's Christians?  (Read 3647 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: January 20, 2006, 01:43:27 AM »

No.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 06:24:20 PM »

By most mainstream definitions, yes.

A group that honestly and sincerely considers itself Christian - check.
A group that bases it's teachings on it's interperetations of the teachings of Jesus - check.

Where it might fail is meeting specific doctrinal principles - but then you're not really describing Christianity, but only a subset of it.

Mormons are not fundementalists - even though both groups tend to vote heavily republican.

Mormons are evangelical, in the sense that they actively try to spread their church's teachings.

Mormons are sufficently numerous in the US that they do not fit the academic definiton of cult (a group which is small and signifigantly different from the surounding region - a Christian in Bangalore, or a Hindi in Birmingham.  The term "New religious movement" is often  used now as it lacks the negative connotations).

The commonly used definition of cult (any group I don't like), is, obviously, open to interperetation, and pretty much useless.

And they do not fit the defintion of dangerous  also commonly used (a group which is highly exclusive, paranoid, and presents a serious danger to themselves or others - such as the branch dividians or heavens gate).  Most of their detractors probably come closer to this definition than they do.

PC rubbish. But what can I expect from a proven liar, eh?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 06:32:02 PM »

PC rubbish. But what can I expect from a proven liar, eh?

What exactly has he lied about, and what is rubbish about what he says?

Mainstream christianity does not accept mormonism as just another "christian sect". And several insulting comments claiming I am a nazi are flat out disgusting lies. Of course he's to much of a coward to be a man and stand behind his words.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 01:28:29 AM »

Ah, makes sense.  You were OR-green for a long time at first, as I recall.  And I think I said something about going up to Crater Lake, which was a few hours north of home at the time, and then you started putting something about being from Frankfurt in your sig (maybe so that wouldn't happen so often.)

Conjoint twins are never delivered vaginally I just learned on TLC.  Always C-sections.
Oh, they have been delivered to the uterus vaginally, I am sure.

Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies