2020 Protests megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:19:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2020 Protests megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Protests megathread  (Read 63970 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: June 03, 2020, 08:49:00 AM »
« edited: June 03, 2020, 09:37:44 AM by ilikeverin »

I support the protesters and all, but does anyone else find this to be actual insanity after they have been barking at anyone who’s came within 2 meters of another person for the last 3 months?

Believe science. Listen to experts. Smiley Smiley Smiley
It's an awful situation. It's a tough decision to make between your short-term an long-term welfare.

I protested on Monday. I've self-isolated and I'm planning on getting a test tomorrow. Minnesota will soon be releasing testing guidelines for protesters, so this is something health authorities are starting to attempt to tackle.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »

he tripped on a police officer's shield that was moving towards him and fell.
He tried to grab the hand of an officer who was carrying a baton. The officer pushed him away.

Uhh, no, The video clearly shows he did not try to grab anyone's arm.

He had just picked up a police helmet off the ground. It's fast, but, if anything, looks like he was trying to give it to the cops.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 02:49:27 PM »

he tripped on a police officer's shield that was moving towards him and fell.
He tried to grab the hand of an officer who was carrying a baton. The officer pushed him away.

Uhh, no, The video clearly shows he did not try to grab anyone's arm.

He had just picked up a police helmet off the ground. It's fast, but, if anything, looks like he was trying to give it to the cops.

Update:

The entire squad has resigned in protest from the team they were on... of the suspension of the cops who made this man bleed. Unfortunately, they did not resign from the police force itself. Good riddance.

I've seen him identified as local peace campaigner Martin Gugino, from Amherst, a suburb just outside Buffalo.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies