Can nationalism and popularism be defeated in 2020 or is Trump inevitable? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:58:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Can nationalism and popularism be defeated in 2020 or is Trump inevitable? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can nationalism and popularism be defeated in 2020 or is Trump inevitable?  (Read 783 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: December 13, 2019, 09:38:13 AM »

I think the answer is fairly easy. If the democrats are perceived to believe in open borders and no restrictions to immigration, then they lose. This is certain. It should be feasible to have a platform with tough restrictions on immigration, but treating people who have actually immigrated in a dignified manner.

In Denmark, the social democrats regained power in an emphatic manner this year by embracing hardline restrictions on immigration, so that for the first time in decades it is now the right wing parties who are scratching their heads as to how to possibly beat the combination of hardline immigration policies and welfare populism. As much as I pesonally dislike this political platform, I do believe that it is currently the only feasible way for center-left parties to gain power in the west. The white working class everywhere in the west will simply not tolerate large scale immigration from third world countries anymore and they will vote against their own economic interests to prevent this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies