Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:59:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet"  (Read 2892 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 22, 2017, 05:59:53 AM »

By "poor" he means non-.01%.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:16:33 AM »

Has any President hired a poor for a cabinet level job, especially and economic one?

It really depends. What about a high paid econimics professor that would be considered "poor" by Trump's definition.

That is what is really interesting about this. Above a certain point, wealth is more an issue of risk than skill.

There are tons of Intellectuals and Civil Servants making 10 or 15 a month who are just as skilled as the businessman making that much an hour or minute simply because they are passionate theory and policy.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:22:22 PM »

Be honest people: how many poor people do you know who'd even be qualified to run a federal department? Using a sensible definition of poor, anyway...

What qualifies as poor? I didn't see the full exchange, but something tells me that Trump's idea of 'poor' is much more broad than just about anyone else.

Exactly. From what is in on his cabinent, "poor" could have been referring to the type upper-middle class  to modestly wealthy career public administrators and researchers that regularly take such roles.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies