Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:03:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)  (Read 16594 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »

Phil, I by no means am attacking BushOklahoma for being abstinent.  I am attacking abstinence for destroying the sanctity of marriage in a way that no large group of interracial homosexual activist judges ever could possibly hope to achieve.

If you choose not to have sex, that's fine.  Your personal decision is respected.  If you are indoctrinated to not have sex and to resist the urge to do so--think about that--not to choose based on your own feelings but resist your own instinct, your own conscious, then I can only feel pity.

Over time, "marriage" has lost its meaning and been transformed, mainly by Western religion, into this completely bogus concept.  Marriage is a symbol of love.  Yet, from what I have witnessed, many of us are being falsely taught that love is a symbol of marriage.  But love cannot be a symbol of marriage.  Love is real, while marriage does not exist.

When you love somebody, marriage vows should be the final piece that completes the puzzle.  By saying "you can't live together before marriage, you can't be intimate before marriage," you're making marriage the FIRST piece of the puzzle and that's wrong.  It devalues love and romance and friendship for the world's oldest bureaucratic formality.

I have a wedding in July.  We were close friends for two years, officially "dated" for 5 months, and after the honeymoon we'll return to a house we've shared 7 months.  Three years total.  I know everything about her by now.  I know she's my friend.  I know she's my lover.  I know what makes her laugh.  I know what makes her angry.  I know she likes to sleep on the left side of the bed but over the course of the night tends to roll over to the right and close to me.  I can tell by her facial expression when she's had a bad day.  And when we go out to eat, I know what she's going to order and I know she's going to offer me half of hers for half of mine at the end.  And I know I love it all that way.  Why do I mention this?  Because it's important that I know for sure. 

It's all part of a courting processing that leads up to marriage.  Sex and intimacy is part of that process.  It's not the only part and certainly not the most important part, but it still is and should be a part.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2009, 10:34:01 PM »

If you are indoctrinated to not have sex and to resist the urge to do so--think about that--not to choose based on your own feelings but resist your own instinct, your own conscious, then I can only feel pity.

That's nice. Meanwhile, some of us humans know not to act just on instinct.

And I love how everything is about "indoctrination." No one ever truly holds these beliefs, right? They're always brainwashed because no one in their right mind would ever disagree with your stance.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Who here said anything about not being allowed to be intimate before marriage? Intimacy does not require sex.

And that's great. Congrats. I think too many people dive into marriage, too, but it's not just because they're prudes and think that's their justified way to have sex.

But really getting to know someone doesn't mean you have to have sex with them before marriage. I think too many people here mock BushOK's position in general even if he wasn't saying all kinds of "strange" things. Abstinence is made out to be the butt of too many jokes. Abstinence is made out to be the "excuse for losers." It's not fair. It's not right.

Too many people here think BushOK is just some silly routine and treat him as a punching bag. They continue to do so because they find his views completely outrageous and know that he doesn't get nasty in response.

So sex has to be a part of the process for it to be a real success? Yeah, ok.

If you really think abstinence has destroyed marriage then you're a fool. Sorry.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:01 PM »

Especially since the woman has to be divorced if she has a kid.

Or perhaps never married.

This is the problem with this whole abstinence before marriage deal.  It's pretty obvious that BushOklahoma is having normal biological sexual urges, but at the same time is conflicted by his virginity until marriage beliefs.  Because of this, he (and other hardline Christian youth under this pressure) are forced to rush relationships to satisfy a basic human need.  Unfortunately, this will probably lead to two people who really don't love each other but rather lust for each other to enter in this long term relationship with a high risk of failure.

And that's the cold, hard truth.

Decoded: You're a fool if you practice abstinence. You're always setting yourself up for heart break.

Roll Eyes

The problem is people who get married for having sex together, without living together before. Being with somebody a few hours each day is not the same thing than living all the time with somebody.

Living with someone before getting married is one of the surest ways of getting a divorce in the future.  Take a look at the statistics.

Getting married period is the ONLY sure way of getting a divorce in the future.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »

I respect people's choices to practice abstinence in today's world. They certainly have more restraint than I do. I'll admit I think with my dick more that I should, but some others do make good points about rushing into marriage for purely natural urges.

That said, I really hope things work out for BushOK, I really do, because I think he is one of those kind hearted people that sees the good in everyone. I just think this relationship is moving way, way too fast for it to be healthy. Talking about marriage before they have had three dates tells me it is time to sound the alarm. I'd hate for him to be set up for disappointment again, considering his past when he lost his fiance.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »

Think with your dick when that's easiest, right, Flyers? It's doing wonders for you.

Amazing how I agree with 2 conservative posters yet when I chime in you're right there.  Might as well put in my signature.  "Phil in 5...4...3...2...1"  It's ok, I've come to the point I'm expecting it.

And no about me "thinking with my dick".  My point is women are expecting .. well.. a man.  You would be naive to think sex is not an issue in relationships.  Hard to believe this, but I am not mocking BushOK by any means.  I hate seeing guys fail because it's happened to me a lot regardless of political party, religion, etc.  Not saying he has to do the deed right now or even within the next few months, but eventually this woman will think "sh**t he's a nice guy, but when is he gonna make a frigging move."   Women are as horny as men, they just don't like the broadcast it as much.  She also has a kid.  His ex went for a grandfather probably because she was thinking what I just said.  He should have never had that convo about "waiting for marriage" or "if we get married"..Whoa!  If a woman said that to me, I'd bolt probably as fast as I could run when I was in high school because that would pump my adrenaline so much.

Reality is harsh with relationships.  I know myself I have weight to lose and certain conversation pieces need to be put under wraps (i.e. politics and religion).  My point was you have to have a happy medium- Somewhere at the midpoint between him at current and opebo.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »

Amazing how I agree with 2 conservative posters yet when I chime in you're right there.

Uh, what?

Yeah and you have that covered. Big, strong man. How's the girl doing?

LOL

When did I ever say or hint that it's not an issue?

And that's exactly my problem. Why is that so horrific to you people? You talk about how people aren't supposed to "judge" you and then you say stupid shit like that.

Maybe you ought to tone down that stupid, big, classless, obnoxious, Kenso mouth, too.

You lecture others about being too prudish and then when you're asked why you don't have a girl, you list "committment phobia" as your reason. Ok, so why not focus on that a little more when you dish out your advice? Women like committment, too. Women also don't want to hear the nonsense that you spew about being a "good pussy" or whatever the hell you called it before.

You're a pig, plain and simple. I can't fault you too much though considering where you were brought up.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2009, 11:45:37 PM »

Amazing how I agree with 2 conservative posters yet when I chime in you're right there.

Uh, what?

Yeah and you have that covered. Big, strong man. How's the girl doing?

LOL

When did I ever say or hint that it's not an issue?

And that's exactly my problem. Why is that so horrific to you people? You talk about how people aren't supposed to "judge" you and then you say stupid shit like that.

Maybe you ought to tone down that stupid, big, classless, obnoxious, Kenso mouth, too.

You lecture others about being too prudish and then when you're asked why you don't have a girl, you list "committment phobia" as your reason. Ok, so why not focus on that a little more when you dish out your advice? Women like committment, too. Women also don't want to hear the nonsense that you spew about being a "good pussy" or whatever the hell you called it before.

You're a pig, plain and simple. I can't fault you too much though considering where you were brought up.

Wow, I'm a pig?Huh?  sh**t, there's a lot worse out there than I.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2009, 11:56:02 PM »

And we wonder why our divorce rate is so high...
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2009, 12:09:10 AM »

And we wonder why our divorce rate is so high...

And I have all my teeth.  I'm not a Kenso. Tongue  Though my dad's family is all from there, but none remain.  And you don't fault me entirely because of my upbringing?  Wow, that's a classy shot Mr. High and Mighty Far Northeast Boy.  Some of the worst drunks/drug addicts I went to college with came from wealthy, Republican homes.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2009, 12:25:45 AM »

Once Kenso is in your blood it never leaves, my friend.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:02 AM »

Some of the worst drunks/drug addicts I went to college with came from wealthy, Republican homes.

That's nice. I'm not wealthy and my political party (nor yours) has anything to do with this.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2009, 09:32:55 AM »

Thank you for lovingly hotlinking that image, Lunar.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »

Thank you for lovingly hotlinking that image, Lunar.

no idea what that crap is, just deleted it.  MY POINT WAS MADE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies