Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:04:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC  (Read 13250 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2017, 09:14:38 PM »

"Yes Hillary may have rigged the entire primary process in her favor, but let's not forget that Bernie also cheated by having his supporters show up and vote. Now let's move on."
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2017, 09:18:54 PM »

"Yes Hillary may have rigged the entire primary process in her favor, but let's not forget that Bernie also cheated by having his supporters show up and vote. Now let's move on."

Caucuses are low-turnout and only allow the most politically involved, activist voices, as most people don't have the time for hours caucusing and primaries are much easier. They are undemocratic and suppressed Clinton supporter turnout. Look at Washington-Sanders won the caucus but she won the non-binding primary which had many times the electorate of the caucus(over 800,000 to 26,000 in the caucus).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2017, 09:21:42 PM »

You people are so hot for an 80 year old man who doesn't really give a damn about anything other than his pocketbook, but that's another story. I never mentioned the word cheating, I was referring to institutional bias and working connections.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2017, 09:23:33 PM »

The real issue is that the DNC was in such a bad state in the first place. That's what Democrats should focus on-getting their party back on the right track-and not relitigating the 2016 primary(which Hillary Clinton won and was only even close because Sanders stayed in long after it was apparent he had no shot at becoming the nominee).
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2017, 09:25:53 PM »

Donna Brazile gave Clinton debate questions herself. She is not blameless. She is just trying to make a buck off attacking Hillary Clinton(still fashionable-SAD!) and cover herself from blame for the dumpster fire that was the DNC. Brazile has in fact proven Clinton right in one area, by showing how badly out of shape DNC was she has proven that the DNC's groundgame was a cause of Clinton's loss as Clinton herself pointed out.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2017, 09:37:33 PM »

2016 is never going to end, is it? Dreamers will be getting deported and we'll still be arguing over caucus turnout and superdelegates. It's upsetting.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »

Sad but true that Democratic hacks are becoming as bad as the Republicans. It WAS rigged and it started in August 2015.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2017, 10:07:07 PM »

Sad but true that Democratic hacks are becoming as bad as the Republicans. It WAS rigged and it started in August 2015.

It's sad how many said that it wasn't rigged after that phony "Datagate" scandal, but think Russia hacked the election.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2017, 10:07:40 PM »

It was rigged against Sanders in some ways and rigged against Clinton in others(undemocratic caucuses)
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2017, 10:17:19 PM »

Has it occurred that, maybe, outside of Reddit, Bernie's support isn't that strong?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2017, 10:18:37 PM »

Has it occurred that, maybe, outside of Reddit, Bernie's support isn't that strong?

No.

http://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-most-popular-politician-655315
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »

I wanted to center myself for what I knew would be an emotional phone call. I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process. Debbie was not a good manager. She hadn’t been very interested in controlling the party—she let Clinton’s headquarters in Brooklyn do as it desired. By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off until 2016. Hillary for America (the campaign) and the Hillary Victory Fund (its joint fundraising vehicle with the DNC) had taken care of 80 percent of the remaining debt in 2016, about $10 million, and had placed the party on an allowance. Yet the states kept less than half of 1 percent of the $82 million they had amassed from the extravagant fund-raisers Hillary’s campaign was holding.

When you have an open contest without an incumbent and competitive primaries, the party comes under the candidate’s control only after the nominee is certain. When I was manager of Al Gore’s campaign in 2000, we started inserting our people into the DNC in June. This victory fund agreement, however, had been signed in August 2015, just four months after Hillary announced her candidacy and nearly a year before she officially had the nomination. I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Bernie took this stoically. He did not yell or express outrage. Instead he asked me what I thought Hillary’s chances were. I did not trust the polls, I said. I told him I had visited states around the country and I found a lack of enthusiasm for her everywhere.

I urged Bernie to work as hard as he could to bring his supporters into the fold with Hillary, and to campaign with all the heart and hope he could muster. He might find some of her positions too centrist, and her coziness with the financial elites distasteful, but he knew and I knew that the alternative was a person who would put the very future of the country in peril. I knew he agreed with me, but I never in my life had felt so tiny and powerless as I did making that call. When I hung up the call to Bernie, I started to cry, not out of guilt, but out of anger. We would go forward. We had to.

Wow Just Wow. Clinton bought the DNC for just 20M $? That is the price for a candidate to buy the DNC in a Presidential year. Not just Sanders in 2016, but Booker or Harris or any other candidate in 2020 will gladly take this deal.

And the people who are justifying this deserve to have President Trump. You can't support such corruption, subversion of democracy & shadiness & then oppose Trump.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2017, 10:20:46 PM »

I wanted to center myself for what I knew would be an emotional phone call. I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process. Debbie was not a good manager. She hadn’t been very interested in controlling the party—she let Clinton’s headquarters in Brooklyn do as it desired. By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off until 2016. Hillary for America (the campaign) and the Hillary Victory Fund (its joint fundraising vehicle with the DNC) had taken care of 80 percent of the remaining debt in 2016, about $10 million, and had placed the party on an allowance. Yet the states kept less than half of 1 percent of the $82 million they had amassed from the extravagant fund-raisers Hillary’s campaign was holding.

When you have an open contest without an incumbent and competitive primaries, the party comes under the candidate’s control only after the nominee is certain. When I was manager of Al Gore’s campaign in 2000, we started inserting our people into the DNC in June. This victory fund agreement, however, had been signed in August 2015, just four months after Hillary announced her candidacy and nearly a year before she officially had the nomination. I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Bernie took this stoically. He did not yell or express outrage. Instead he asked me what I thought Hillary’s chances were. I did not trust the polls, I said. I told him I had visited states around the country and I found a lack of enthusiasm for her everywhere.

I urged Bernie to work as hard as he could to bring his supporters into the fold with Hillary, and to campaign with all the heart and hope he could muster. He might find some of her positions too centrist, and her coziness with the financial elites distasteful, but he knew and I knew that the alternative was a person who would put the very future of the country in peril. I knew he agreed with me, but I never in my life had felt so tiny and powerless as I did making that call. When I hung up the call to Bernie, I started to cry, not out of guilt, but out of anger. We would go forward. We had to.

Wow Just Wow. Clinton bought the DNC for just 20M $? That is the price for a candidate to buy the DNC in a Presidential year. Not just Sanders in 2016, but Booker or Harris or any other candidate in 2020 will gladly take this deal.

And the people who are justifying this deserve to have President Trump. You can't support such corruption, subversion of democracy & shadiness & then oppose Trump.

All this from someone who had fed the Hillary campaign debate questions ahead of time, and said she wanted to cuss out the Bernie camp. When she's the voice of reason, wow, just wow.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »

Clinton effectively owned the DNC, news at 11.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2017, 10:22:27 PM »

Caucuses are low-turnout and only allow the most politically involved, activist voices, as most people don't have the time for hours caucusing and primaries are much easier. They are undemocratic and suppressed Clinton supporter turnout. Look at Washington-Sanders won the caucus but she won the non-binding primary which had many times the electorate of the caucus(over 800,000 to 26,000 in the caucus).

Again. FAKE NEWS. Caucuses don't give out vote numbers but delegates awarded from 1 particular slot. 26,000 is total fake news.

How is "Undemocratic" to ask people to engage & talk over an election? I do agree that caucuses do hinder participation which can be easily removed by absentee ballot which Nebraska & multiple other states did through Caucuses. To come with ridiculous examples like a non-binding primary which wasn't even a part of DNC delegate selection process is baffling. What next? Do a survey & see how many people voted on that & announce based on that.

Cashew
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2017, 10:28:06 PM »

It was rigged against Sanders in some ways and rigged against Clinton in others(undemocratic caucuses)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2017, 10:29:06 PM »

The DNC probably won't be bankrupt when 2020 comes around so I don't think it'll be an issue.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »

The DNC probably won't be bankrupt when 2020 comes around so I don't think it'll be an issue.

True, Tom Perez seems to hate Bernie enough to rig it against him for free.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2017, 10:36:09 PM »

How is "Undemocratic" to ask people to engage & talk over an election?
Hillary supporters have jobs. They didn't have 12 hours out of the day to sit around defending their vote and being shouted down by Bernie supporters.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »

All this from someone who had fed the Hillary campaign debate questions ahead of time, and said she wanted to cuss out the Bernie camp. When she's the voice of reason, wow, just wow.

Brazile is crappy. No 2 ways about it. But hypocrites blast a deranged Trump for unethical, undemocratic behaviour while supporting such corruption in the DNC. And these people shi* on Bernie for not doing enough. Bernie raised money for many Senate Candidates, campaigned for them & did more rallies for Clinton in the final week than probably she did for herself.

This man at 75, went coast to coast going over 2 dozen states or something that. All the while, it was told to him by Brazile that the DNC rigged it & through leaked emails that Hillary thought Bernie's people were basement dwellers & that she was for open borders & a fully open economy without any worker protections. Yet, this man said no disparaging comments to the media, kept his head down & did everything he could do to defeat Trump all while Hillary kept making stupid "Deplorable" comment before the GE (How idiotic can you be to make such comments in a GE campaign?)

And these idiots & Hillary Clinton still shi* on Bernie. They should be ashamed.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2017, 10:38:15 PM »

Hillary supporters have jobs. They didn't have 12 hours out of the day to sit around defending their vote and being shouted down by Bernie supporters.

In Nevada they were allowed to vote in front of their Hillary supporting bosses.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »

Most of the Caucuses which had Video published including the one in Colorado & Washington have had a few good minutes of discussion without any shouting. In many cases, you had Clinton getting more votes than the initial tally. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikn8WAMvl_k - Colorado.

I know it is easy to blast people for having minimum passion because 1 side had nothing. But anyways, Caucuses/Primaries is a meaningless discussion. They will probably have absentee ballots like they had in Nebraska.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2017, 10:47:08 PM »

Golly, would you look at that?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2017, 10:49:42 PM »

She pulled three and a half million votes out of a hat? Gosh, that's talent. Shame she's not president.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2017, 10:52:08 PM »

Democrats express outrage over allegations of early party control for Clinton in 2016

Ray Buckley, the chairman of New Hampshire’s Democratic Party, said that he first learned of the agreement while serving as DNC vice chair in 2016. “The day that Donna discovered this, she called me and I almost passed out,” Buckley said. “We were blatantly misled.” In response to the report Thursday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said in a CNN interview that she believed the primary contest between Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders had been rigged. “This is a real problem,” she said. “We have to hold this party accountable.”  President Trump also jumped on the controversy with a tweet on Thursday night that suggested the Justice Department should investigate the “real collusion and dishonesty,” even though Brazile and the Sanders campaign have not alleged criminal activity.

Jeff Weaver, Sanders’s campaign manager, said in an interview that their campaign was led to believe it had the same joint fundraising agreement as Clinton. “We were not offered veto power on staff at the DNC, I can tell you that,” said Weaver. “This was a laundering operation. They’d go to fundraisers, they’d get a $350,000 check from donors which was supposed to be divvied up. Instead of disbursing that money, they’d turn around and run a small-dollar fundraising to generate small contributions that went to the Clinton campaign.” Buckley and other DNC members suggested that the party should also give DNC members access to its budget, which would have made it clear much earlier how the joint fundraising agreement was affecting the flow of money. “I will co-sponsor that amendment and vote for it,” Buckley said. “There’s so much reform that has to happen.”

Jane Kleeb, who took over Nebraska’s Democratic Party in late 2016, discovered that the party had accrued $35,000 in debt for the Clinton campaign. “Nebraska never even signed the JFA because we . . . didn’t want to be a funnel for, essentially, money-laundering,” Kleeb said. “And now we learn that a small group of establishment Democrats got to determine who our nominee was. That goes against everything that Democratic values are built on.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democrats-express-outrage-over-allegations-of-early-control-for-clinton-in-2016/2017/11/02/84e949da-c000-11e7-97d9-bdab5a0ab381_story.html?utm_term=.7cb3ce59c15b
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies