Michigan GOP goes full 1950s racism & red scare mode
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:13:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Michigan GOP goes full 1950s racism & red scare mode
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michigan GOP goes full 1950s racism & red scare mode  (Read 456 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2024, 02:49:16 PM »

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 02:58:41 PM »

This is threatening to them cause they are racist.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 03:09:51 PM »

This is why they won't improve with the Black vote.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 03:28:28 PM »

Can’t expect anything different from the party that wanted (and still talks about) how BLM should have been mowed down in the streets by police
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 03:50:48 PM »

What a clown show.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 05:57:42 PM »

Yeah, tell me how Trump is favored in Michigan with the GOP as crazy as they are.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 06:24:19 PM »

DEI, woke, critical race theory, SJW and all the other politicized buzzwords mean exactly the same thing
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 09:47:33 PM »

Yeah, tell me how Trump is favored in Michigan with the GOP as crazy as they are.
Even if Trump doesn't add any new voters which is extremely unlikely, the amount of Muslims and young people that might abstain would be enough to flip the state.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 10:46:42 PM »

Even if Trump doesn't add any new voters which is extremely unlikely, the amount of Muslims and young people that might abstain would be enough to flip the state.

Muslims make 1% of the electorate an an even smaller % of Biden’s margin. Also Biden’s gains with suburbanites should counter his issues with young folks.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 11:07:14 PM »

Muslims make 1% of the electorate an an even smaller % of Biden’s margin. Also Biden’s gains with suburbanites should counter his issues with young folks.

I think Biden is favored in Michigan in ways that the polls aren't really indicating, or at least that the polls a few weeks to a few months ago weren't, but the word "should" is doing a lot of work there, and if that 1% of the electorate went heavily for Biden last time (which it did), it makes up a much bigger part of his margin, not an even smaller one.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2024, 11:14:50 PM »

I think Biden is favored in Michigan in ways that the polls aren't really indicating, or at least that the polls a few weeks to a few months ago weren't, but the word "should" is doing a lot of work there, and if that 1% of the electorate went heavily for Biden last time (which it did), it makes up a much bigger part of his margin, not an even smaller one.

He didn’t win all of them though, and it’s unlikely Trump outright wins the group, so the swing on his margin from it will likely be like 0.5%.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2024, 01:28:50 AM »

The Muslims and the youth who are going to rebel against Biden is not going to be nearly as much as you think - the media just overrepresents this small subset to feed into their "Biden campaign in shambles" narrative.

The only election data we have wrt to that is the MI Democratic primary...reading your post one might think that Uncommitted won thirty percent of the vote. In reality, it won thirteen percent.

Look at the numbers instead of a media where a tiny minority receives disproportionate attention.

And speaking of numbers, there numerically aren't enough Muslims to swing MI more than a point or two right even if they swing rightward en masse (which I strongly believe they will not, at least, not to the extent that you appear to believe).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies