Will the Republicans try for New Jersey in 2008? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:40:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will the Republicans try for New Jersey in 2008? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the Republicans try for New Jersey in 2008?  (Read 4240 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

« on: February 07, 2005, 11:19:16 PM »

I actually think the GOP will take NJ in 2008 but that assumes a substantial national win, and I've been wrong before. I was also right enough to make a couple grand off the 2004 election, but I didn't do as well as I wanted by a longshot.

If things are going well by 2008... US out of Iraq, which is democratic, terrorists on the run, economy doing well, etc., then essentially the Democratic Party will have no actually chance of winning. The fear is already building, I've noticed, though not specifically with regard to the next Presidential race.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 11:43:07 PM »

Believe me, he didn't. Ask Walter Mondale. In any case, like I said, I'm assuming a not-particularly-close election.

Really, it's quite rare to have even 2 tight contests in a row. With Bush's aggressive agenda, either the results will be mixed and the Republican disassociates himself from Bush, or Bush will succeed and the Democrat Party will face a total defeat. In the former case, it will be a tough race. In the latter, the GOP should win over 40 states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies