Survey for Protestants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:38:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Survey for Protestants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Survey for Protestants  (Read 5459 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 03, 2005, 11:16:31 PM »

1-Do you believe Catholics are Christian?

2-Do you believe Catholics are a cult?

3-Do you believe Catholics worship Mary?

4-Do you believe Catholics worship the Pope?

Supersoulty claims this is believed by most Protestants.

My answers:

1-yes
2-no
3-no
4-no
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 10:49:24 AM »

So BRTD, was this whole thing meant to prove me wrong.  Because, so far it a back fired on you hideously.

The only person who has said the loony stuff you claim all Protestants believe is Richius. And how many "yes, no, no, no"'s do we have?

Altough I am aware that the official doctrine of the Church does not worship Mary, a lot of Catholics really go to excesses in their "devotions", so much that they are effectively commiting idolatry. If you don't believe me, you should pay a visit to Fatima.

my opinion as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 01:40:36 PM »

So BRTD, was this whole thing meant to prove me wrong.  Because, so far it a back fired on you hideously.

The only person who has said the loony stuff you claim all Protestants believe is Richius. And how many "yes, no, no, no"'s do we have?

Altough I am aware that the official doctrine of the Church does not worship Mary, a lot of Catholics really go to excesses in their "devotions", so much that they are effectively commiting idolatry. If you don't believe me, you should pay a visit to Fatima.

my opinion as well.

Several people have said that they believe that Catholics worship Mary and the Saints.

You just admitted that you believe this.

No I did not. I simply said that I think some go too far with their Marian devotions.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 01:13:30 PM »

I was raised as a Catholic and have recently gone through a major tranformation. I left the church and became  agostic, I believed there was a higher power at work, but I wasn't going acknowledge God was that supreme being and I believed that Jesus was just a carpenter who thought he was God. Then when I came to college, for whatever reason, I'm not sure, I made my peace with God and accepted him back into my life, and I finally understood the sacrifice that Jesus made for all of us, and I have felt more positive about everything since doing that. Now this is what I have to say about the Catholics.

1-I believe Catholics are Christian. They need to find a better way to teach there youth. As in my case, they were unable to reach me. I understood why I was being taught the things they were teaching me in catachism.
2-I don't think Catholics are a cult, but the chanting was pretty weird, also what's with the kneeling and standing all of the time, its very confusing.
3-I don't think they worship Mary, but they do put a lot of emphasis on her.
4-The pope is a tough subject. I never understood what the pope was there for. It always seemed like he had some divine authority over me when I was a Catholic, but I never really bought into that. He's only a man. This was one of the reasons I left the church.

So did you ever see loads of anti-Catholic discrimination while you were Catholic which soulty claims is so common?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 10:42:53 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2005, 10:44:35 PM by Dakota Red »

Being told that I can't jack off, use condoms, or what days I can eat meat on is not something I want a church telling me. The Pope also said you can't be a communist and Catholic, which pisses me off even though I'm not really a communist, although there are many communist Catholics in Latin America and the Phillipines.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 11:33:01 PM »

I don't have a problem with Catholics...

But I do think the church is hypocritical in its stance on social issues while children are being molested.

I'm also tired of hearing about the Pope on the news. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn.

Yes, molestation only goes on in the Catholic Church. Lets forget all the bus drivers, protestant preachers, school teachers, neighbors, etc that molest children on a daily basis. This is exactly the kind of bigotry that SuperSoulty is referring to.

Yep, but you don't have the Protestant church telling its members how to life their life. And the ones that do, I disagree with them.

So... Jesus did not want people to live their lives for him?

for him. not some old man in a pointy hat. Jesus never said condoms were wrong or what days you could eat meat on.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 11:43:54 PM »

I believe he has no more of a connection to God than I do.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 01:39:18 PM »

Being told that I can't jack off, use condoms, or what days I can eat meat on is not something I want a church telling me. The Pope also said you can't be a communist and Catholic, which pisses me off even though I'm not really a communist, although there are many communist Catholics in Latin America and the Phillipines.

I know this old man who puts a communist party button on his lapen when he's going to church, just to piss off the preist when he's going to recieve communion.

why would he go to church just to piss off the priest?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies