Brazil President 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:57:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazil President 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brazil President 2022  (Read 2646 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 02, 2020, 07:39:14 AM »

A question that can't even begin to be answered at this very early stage - save that there is obviously a real chance that he will, and that is depressing enough.
He’s using the cash payments for political reasons.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 03:14:48 PM »

He seems to win all of them. There is no Brazilian Biden.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 03:30:45 PM »

Well, Lula, if he's able to overturn the convictions that currently bar him from running.
Yeah, but the fact he’s been in prison taints him for obvious reasons.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 11:51:47 AM »

Regarding that, there will never be one due to Brazilian electoral system being extremely different from the US one.

That said, I don’t want someone like Biden at all lol. It would be a “union” figure for the mainstream media mostly but the problems that I mentioned and others would keep feeding the negative feelings that produced Bolsonaro and feed his return in the future, or of someone even worse.

You can’t just ignore the anti-system sentiment and create strategies to go around it. You need actual transformative reform that make it more equitable so that people don’t see politicians or judges like a class that can do everything they want. Someone like Biden would simply keep the status quo of privileges and try no big effort to make meaningful and necessary change.

I don’t agree with either radicalisms, of being completely pro-system and defending the big injustices that it promotes in the present, or being completely anti-system and destroying everything just because some aspects don’t work. There is an important middle ground that people usually miss. The bases of the democratic system should be kept, just like other positive aspects, but a lot of what currently exists should be destroyed for good.
Obviously, their system for President reminds me a bit more of France(which is semi Presidential unlike America or Brazil) than the United States. Also, doesn’t your country have many people who remember the horrors of the military regime???
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 07:40:27 AM »

I do recall he has a lot of support from evangelicals as well. They are growing in Brazil.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 06:46:16 PM »

As a political organization, not individuals, that is. Also, who should teach religion on schools??? It’s not like falling off a flat earth is a thing.
Back on topic, a lot of the trends Brazil has look like the things in the 1970’s that attracted people to it in the first place and made Reagan President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies