Another Iowa? Did Mitt really win Maine? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Another Iowa? Did Mitt really win Maine? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another Iowa? Did Mitt really win Maine?  (Read 5461 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: February 14, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »

Hilarious - http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/02/14/pressure_builds_to_reconsider_maine_caucus_results.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »

Phil being a Paul hack?*  Never thought I'd see the day...

*Well, not really a "hack" in this case, just reasonable.

An opportunist, really, but it benefits my guy, so whatevs.

How am I being an opportunist or a hack? There really isn't anything "reasonable" about posting this; I'm just posting a story and it would be hilarious, if true. Sure, it benefits my guy but I honestly couldn't bring myself to root for Paul (or Romney, for that matter) on Saturday. Now I'd love to see this taken from Romney but obviously not because it benefits Paul. I'm also a fan of the truth/the real winner being revealed so...yeah...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »

Phil being a Paul hack?*  Never thought I'd see the day...

*Well, not really a "hack" in this case, just reasonable.

An opportunist, really, but it benefits my guy, so whatevs.

How am I being an opportunist or a hack? There really isn't anything "reasonable" about posting this; I'm just posting a story and it would be hilarious, if true. Sure, it benefits my guy but I honestly couldn't bring myself to root for Paul (or Romney, for that matter) on Saturday. Now I'd love to see this taken from Romney but obviously not because it benefits Paul. I'm also a fan of the truth/the real winner being revealed so...yeah...

It wasn't really meant as much of a criticism, except in the context that nearly every other thing you say about Paul is derisive and in general disregard for anything except your guy's Path to VictoryTM.  In other words, your post is opportunistic in the context of declining to criticize Paul because a Paul victory in ME would hurt Romney and thereby help Santorum.

(I'm not ignoring that you've been quieter lately, particularly vis-a-vis Paul, but for now, I'm attributing that to the cascading Santorum surge flowing across the US.)

"Opportunistic" or not, it would have been posted. It's news.

By the way, I've been "quieter" lately because I've decided to be more of an adult. Those of us at the adult table shouldn't constantly be distracted by the loudest one at the kid table.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies