Atlasian Messenger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:17:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Messenger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Author Topic: Atlasian Messenger  (Read 34223 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: July 15, 2006, 11:18:25 PM »

AM bought by Atlasia World News

Since the papers been bought (finally), Im locking up this thread to be kept for historical purposes.

We had a good run, and garnerend about 3300 views, a very impressive number. We were the home of a revolution, and we are famous for polling.  I enjoyed serving you all, and I hope you enjoyed reading. I love you all, even Preston (usually Wink). This is the Atlasian Messenger, signing off.

Good night, and good luck.

(Sorry for being so dramatic, I had to Smiley)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2007, 01:55:46 AM »

Prez Election Results

Howdy gang! Miss us? Cheesy I'll prolly forget about it afterthe election, but I figure the Atlasian Messenger can re-start for a little to keep results.

Ill keep major presidnetial updates, as well as eventually calling the election. No regionals though. Ill also update results as much as possible, though most of the evening tomorrow Ill be gone.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2007, 06:41:19 AM »

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2007, 02:18:58 PM »

Why not keep the paper going?... I'd be glad to commentate.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2007, 10:26:26 PM »

Why not keep the paper going?... I'd be glad to commentate.
We'll see how the election goes. Maybe I will keep it up. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2007, 10:39:07 PM »

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #256 on: June 26, 2007, 09:31:26 PM »

Comorant Comorades Fight for Regional Recognition

Today, Lewis, citizen of the Midwest and supporter of the Comorant in its' bid to be Midwest Regional bird, began a campaign to challange the Midwest Governor-for-Life's decision to break a popular vote tie in last week's election. There has been no word from the Governor, but many supporters have rallied around Lewis, including VP-elect Jas. We will kep you updated on the situation.

Messenger Again Looking for Employees

CEO of the AM, Speed of Sound, has announced that he is looking to interview for some columnists. These writers will not write general news, but rather write specific themed columns.

Jas Already Delivering On Promises

In what is a very promising development, Jas is already beginning to outline one of what is sure to be many reforms to our current system. The VP-elect has decided to spread out his first reforms, tackling controversial issues, like Line-Item Vetoes, and very agreeable changes, like the Judicial Term Limit proposition. We will keep you updated on the progress of the Initiative, as well as the actions of the new Administration.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2007, 10:24:36 PM »

I'm not much for writing straight news. I'd much rather stick to political commentary. However, we could compromise. You could assign me what issue or going-on you wanted me to commentate on.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2007, 11:46:24 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2007, 11:55:19 PM by Speed of Sound »

BREAKING NEWS!

This just in! Governor ILV has just announced that he is rejecting and will reject any attempt to add the Comorant to the Midwest National Bird Slate.

EDIT (12:53 AM 6/27/07): The Atlasian Messenger, while on very good terms with the Governor, urges all citizens, both of Midwest citizenship and not, to message the Governor and tell him to allow the Comorant to join the ranks with the Cardinal as Midwest Regional Bird. (Sorry Gov'nr Sad)

Check back to this post for any more news on this subject, as I will edit it in.

Also, I plan to use an edit in style for every article, so be sure to check back on current events often. (I will make new edits quite clear)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »

Election Disagreements Finally Decided in the Courts, Not on the Battlefield

In the last few days, Atlasia had its normal wave of post election backlash. Something was different this time though: No bloodshed. Instead, those who had something to say did it with a lawyer, not a gun. Both the Midwest and the Pacific are facing lawsuits in the wake of the election's end, by Ernest and King respectively. We will keep you updated on both cases.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2007, 11:36:35 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2007, 11:39:22 PM by Speed of Sound »

Atlasian Messenger CEO Stays Up Too Late, Miscounts Votes

Apparently it was a tie. Im going to bed now. Tongue
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2007, 11:38:01 PM »

Keystone Phil Wins Special Election!

In what is a huge win for both the conservative movement and the newly formed ILAC, both of which KPhil is a member of, Keyston Phil has defeated True Democrat 13 to 12 in a runoff that happened this weekend. We will get comments from both candidates.

While that would be great, I believe it is currently a tie.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »

Fixed
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2007, 11:40:31 PM »

We're ready to project Al Gore the winner in Florida!
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2007, 01:17:46 AM »

We're ready to project Al Gore the winner in Florida!

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2007, 01:22:58 AM »

Hey now! Its mistakes like that that made this paper famous in the first place! Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is absolutely correct. I will run again in October as a member of the Union Party which MAS also belongs to. I would like it if the Atlasian Messager would print a correction on this or I will bring them to court. Good day.
[/quote]
Did anyone read the banner? Anyone? "The Atlasian Messenger, the news thats usually right most of the time" that was not a most of the time moment.
[/quote]
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2007, 09:29:14 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2007, 09:42:13 PM by Speed of Sound »

Keystone Phil Wins Election, Paper Actually Right This Time

True Democrat conceded the Northeast senate seat to Keystone Phil today after the Supreme Court found that Defarge's vote for TD did not count, thus handing the election over to KPhil. The Conservative movement and the newly formed ILAC, both of which Phil is a member of, are both very pleased with the victory.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2007, 06:36:51 PM »

It's Time to Bury the Budget

Welcome, my friends, to The Speed of Sounds, the new editorial by Atlasian Messenger CEO and social activist Speed of Sound.

The senate has, in its many months as an institution, benefit this great nation with its better than expected effeciency, something that I have always taken pride in and still do (except for the Free Trade era Tongue).

But one thing has sat in the shadows, taunting senators, economists and more for quite some time. The necessity for a new budget is not unkown, and yet every term it gets pushed aside for something more important (And I too am guilty of voting to table the budget as a senator). In fact, here's an interesting tidbit. The last time we passed a budget? Late 2005! So whats the point? Good question, because Im afraid I just dont have an answer. The budget at this point is nothing more than a tri-monthly blemish on the Atlasian Government.

And so today, I call upon the senate to finally pop this insufferable numeric pimple.

Senators! Give it up and remove that thing already!
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »

I corrected your job title for you. Wink

Really I fully agree with this and will support the Senate completely in any attempt to do away with the creation of and passing of a budget as part of Atlasian policymaking.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #269 on: July 12, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »

Good to see you back in business Speedy. Smiley I look forward to reading the AM's take on Atlasian affairs.

On the budget issue, I agree entirely. I have posted the following in the Senate Protest & Analysis Thread:
I have long been of the opinion that the budget is an unwarranted addition to Atlasian politics. Last November, I introduced a constitutional amendment to end the budgetary process which was eventually defeated by a minority of the people. Since then, no movement on passing a budget has been attempted. Though during the Presidential race certain candidates indicated their various wishes regarding the budget, nobody has shown any initiative to change anything.

A few days ago, the Senate voted to once again chose to effectively ignore the budget issue. The Budget thread has been open for some time now and no contributions, ideas or comments of any kind have been entered.

The Budget is a redundant process and I reccomend that it once again be put to the people that it is better removed rather than carry on a pretence that is is of relevance. I therefore ask any Senator who agrees with my position, to introduce the following amendment to the Senate for consideration.

End the Budget Amendment

That Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution be removed.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »

I appreciate your choice to move this to the senate floor greatly, sir. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »

Fairness to Office Holders is Freedom From Red Tape

Atlasia has evolved itself over time to meet new needs and take on new challenges. Unfortunately, small loopholes and nitpicking have left many unhappy with Atlasia, sometimes to the point of leaving. The nitpicking, while often correct, has been a serious issue that has left to inactivity issues and difficulty confirming election results without a bloodbath be it in the court or on the battlefield. This weekend, Atlasia has a great opportunity to get rid of at least some of that nasty red tape. All across the nation, pople will be voting on the Fairness to Office Holders amendment, recently passed by the senate. The amendment will effectively remove the requirement for office holders to make thier state of residence known at all times, the exact rule that was key in the DWTL witch hunt. I urge my readers to go out to the polls, and fry off some of that beureaucratic fat!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2007, 09:17:56 AM »

bumping article as voting continues.

I would also like to give thanks to the Midwest, Pacific, and Mideast for all but passing the amendment, and I hope to add the Southeast and Northeast to this list soon! Smiley
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2007, 10:19:54 AM »

Does the editor believe we sholuldn't know where our officeholders live?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2007, 11:31:04 AM »

Does the editor believe we sholuldn't know where our officeholders live?
I obviously support this measure, as most people will probably make where they live in the fantasy world known, and those who dont wont have to suffer the way DWTL did. Its just another way people who arent aware (AKA new people) or people who make one mistake and remove it by accident thrown out of office for political reasons. I dont like the option even being open, and therefore I support this amendment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies