would you disown your child if... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:11:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  would you disown your child if... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: would you disown your child if...  (Read 7216 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: November 26, 2005, 11:54:59 AM »

No to all, though I wouldn't be happy with some of them. Rather than abandoning them, I would attempt to put them back on the right track.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 04:48:17 PM »

Hey, it's impossible to legally do that in Germany anyways.

Yea same here actually, lest on very specific circumstances, like if your heir tries to murder you, or sleeps with your wife.

Wait, let me get this straight - it's illegal in Germany and Portugal to cut your kid out of your will(at any age, or just when they are a minor)?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 07:45:35 PM »

No, not for anything.  How can one not love his own child?

Just because you disown your child doesn't mean you don't love them.  It means your so disappointed in them that, in order to save the sanity of yourself and your child, you let them go.  It's really complicated to explain why you would do it... but... yeah...

Let me put it this way - imagine that your child became exactly like opebo. In other words, an amoral ingrate who hopes you'll die soon so he/she will get an inheritance. Now, you might still love your child, but at that point about the best thing you can do for them is cut them off and disinherit them in the hopes that he/she will become a decent person.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 03:41:20 PM »

7. Libertarian- No, all kids go through that phase.  Only 0.3% remain that way past high school.

No they don't - in fact most high school kids don't give enough of a flying f**k in high school to be any type of political being. Being 'rebellious' is different from being libertarian or Libertarian anyways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies