Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D) proposes national online voter registration bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:43:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D) proposes national online voter registration bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D) proposes national online voter registration bill  (Read 1261 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: April 27, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »

Online voter registration opens door to voter fraud, hacking etc.  Can't imagine why Democrat Party wants this!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:40:04 PM »

Online voter registration opens door to voter fraud, hacking etc.  Can't imagine why Democrat Party wants this!

*Citation needed*

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pamela-smith-and-bruce-mcconnell-hack-the-vote-the-perils-of-the-online-ballot-box-1401317230
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:52:57 PM »

It's reality. It's naive if you think that voter integrity won't be compromised with being able to click a button online. Democrats want to make it easier to cheat, and it is very, very disturbing. Republicans never should have went for "early voting," "Provisional voting," and "no excuse absentee voting." Sane societies do not understand our voting system. Even the UN observers who came to America in 2012 were shocked that we didn't have voter ID
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »

Online registration, when tied to the motor vehicle database including non-driver state ids, is actually more secure than traditional paper registration with some precinct worker. The database will have verifiable facts like age, address, photo id, and citizenship status.

Great but isn't anything electronic susceptible to shenanigans?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 10:33:08 AM »

Online registration, when tied to the motor vehicle database including non-driver state ids, is actually more secure than traditional paper registration with some precinct worker. The database will have verifiable facts like age, address, photo id, and citizenship status.

Great but isn't anything electronic susceptible to shenanigans?

Fixed.

Ok, fair enough - but I think that would open the door even further. With electronic voting, how do you have bipartisan pollwatchers? How can anyone report anything suspicious to the proper people?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »

This isn't talking about online voting. It's talking about online voter registration.

It hasn't worked out very well for California.  All it does is encourage.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »

I would support a ballot initiative eliminating "election month" in California. Vote on Election Day or vote absentee only if you're out of precinct.  And show your picture ID. You have 2 whopping years between cycles to fill out a voter registration form.  If people are too uninformed to do that, I don't want them making decisions for our state.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sorry I didn't finish the sentence I guess. I mean encourage opportunities for fraud.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies