Bill Weld soft endorsement for Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:28:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bill Weld soft endorsement for Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Weld soft endorsement for Clinton  (Read 1339 times)
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« on: October 27, 2016, 03:44:44 PM »

i wish weld will be the next libertarian nominee.
Weld is far too sane for the Libertarians. He doesn't want to completely gut the government.

I think Weld could have gotten the LP nomination in 2004 or 2008, but he didn't want it either time. It's not so much that the LP isn't so into him, as that he's not all that into the LP. He didn't even endorse Gary Johnson in 2012. Trump's nomination in 2016 is what really drove him to the LP, and he was wise to go for the VP slot instead of the Presidential nomination, because Johnson is more popular than he is in the party.

I think that Weld won't run in 2020 for two reasons. One is that the GOP nominee won't be Trump. The other is that Weld will be 75. The only way I can see a Weld 2020 LP run is if Trump wins in 2016 and is renominated in 2020, the LP has a particularly garbage Presidential contest (like just Adam Kokesh or something), and Weld maintains excellent health for a 70 something. I know I'd support Weld in a Weld/Kokesh matchup, and a lot of the LP's older members (the ones who don't troll social media and blogs all the time) are much more likely to go for Weld over Kokesh, so it wouldn't be farfetched to think that he would win the nomination in those unlikely circumstances.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies