Do you do drugs? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:37:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you do drugs? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you do drugs?
Yes, soft core drugs (pot)

Yes, hard drugs

Yes, addicted to prescription drugs

Yes, all of the above

I don't take drugs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Do you do drugs?  (Read 3141 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 15, 2016, 08:17:31 PM »

I notice you put pot in parentheses but not alcohol -- are we counting alcohol as a soft drug?  If not, why not?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 09:41:19 PM »

Oh seriously, these semantics games? We all know he wasn't talking about either medical stuff or alcohol (though the argument "alcohol =/= drugs because it's good" is hilarious)

Right, but not talking about alcohol is totally arbitrary if you use alcohol to get at all intoxicated.  Of course it's a drug.  I know what he's getting at, and I wasn't being coy.  I just suspected his distinction is ridiculous, and I wanted him to explain it, and his explanation was ridiculous.

I've also been with people who are smoking pot too and that will get me to leave. Smoken things prevent a person from being present but not partaking. I passionately despise pot.

Why -- because it smells gross, or because of contact high?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:28:46 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2016, 07:33:19 AM by Grad Students are the Worst »

I've also been with people who are smoking pot too and that will get me to leave. Smoken things prevent a person from being present but not partaking. I passionately despise pot.

Both. I tend to get away from smokers of all types but the contact high part makes marijuana extra horrible to be around.

The former is fair, but outside of unrealistic situations with no (or virtually no) ventilation, contact high is effectively a myth.

Or you know, because of the health dangers from being in a room with smoke?

His language ("passionately despise pot" but moreso his description of secondhand smoke as "partaking") was kind of a red flag for me that he didn't just mean avoiding smoke -- like I said, "contact high" is probably, in almost every real-world case, a totally psychological phenomenon.  But not wanting to inhale smoke is a totally reasonable concern.  It seems ridiculously rude to me to smoke marijuana around people who aren't down with it, although vaporizing is a more ambiguous case, since it's obviously less irritating and safer (although it's still reasonable to avoid if you want to be risk-adverse -- there's apparently some high ammonia content released by some vaporizers.)

Not a pot guy.  Just being an obnoxious science jerk here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies