SDLP pickup South Belfast (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:28:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  SDLP pickup South Belfast (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SDLP pickup South Belfast  (Read 2123 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: May 06, 2005, 02:10:15 PM »

With the collapse of the sane Unionist and Republican parties is there any chance for the Alliance Party or some other non-sectarian party to emerge in Noethern Ireland as an actual player or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: choosing between SF and the DUP is like choosing between the KDP and NSDAP in Weimar Germany.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 02:16:38 PM »

With the collapse of the sane Unionist and Republican parties is there any chance for the Alliance Party or some other non-sectarian party to emerge in Noethern Ireland as an actual player or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: choosing between SF and the DUP is like choosing between the KDP and NSDAP in Weimar Germany.

I agree, both of those parties are terrible. It's insanely ironic that when things are the calmest the nutjobs get into power and the parties that brought peace are thrown out.

I'm wondering why such polarization is going on given the lack of violence...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies