what part of the country will the democrats do best in in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:11:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  what part of the country will the democrats do best in in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what part of the country will the democrats do best in in 2012  (Read 1757 times)
Jordan Gwendolyn
Rookie

« on: May 26, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »

I think with Minnesota, they should draw Peterson from Detroit Lakes down the I-94 corridor to the MN exurbs. Yes, it will make it more Republican, but hey, Peterson is a closet Republican.

That way, we can create an Iron Range-Reservations-Moorhead Northern seat where Chip Cravaack would likely lose.
Jordan Gwendolyn
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »

I think with Minnesota, they should draw Peterson from Detroit Lakes down the I-94 corridor to the MN exurbs. Yes, it will make it more Republican, but hey, Peterson is a closet Republican.

That way, we can create an Iron Range-Reservations-Moorhead Northern seat where Chip Cravaack would likely lose.

Cravaack lives in the MN exurbs part of the district, so he'd be running against Peterson under that sort of map.  Also, Republicans hold both chambers in the MN Legislature, so i don't think they're going to draw a D Gerrymander

Well, I would draw Chisago into the 8th, thus making it the only exurban county, pretty much everything north of there is Iron Range.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies