Tenth (10th) Pacific Council and Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:37:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tenth (10th) Pacific Council and Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Tenth (10th) Pacific Council and Discussion Thread  (Read 3733 times)
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:01 AM »

Can we see what is left in the queue?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2014, 11:03:09 AM »

Of course
If you're ok with it, I'd open my bill tomorrow together with the next one in the queue.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2014, 10:42:09 PM »

Fine with me.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2014, 11:39:13 PM »

Alright.
I'll immediately open new bills after school.   
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »

Hey, guys, if there are a lot of PJ's short, brief bills left, let's take them in chunks to decide if they are applicable enough to even bring to the floor. If they're applicable, we can talk about them, but if they don't actually address any issues, let's bypass them. We can do it publicly or by PM.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:58 AM »

If you want, I could do a short sorting out, then post here which I would completely skip, and we could decide on them?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2014, 10:51:02 AM »

So, that'd be my proposal:

keep:

6. The Constitutional Get Your Kids Involved in School Act
8. Accordance with Federal DUI Laws Act
9. Pet and Animal Control Act

They all aren't one-liners, and seem quite ok. Plus the last one is yours, DemPGH Wink

skip:

4. The People's Courthouse Act (Not sure if we should keep that)
5. Age of Consent Bill (One-liner, plus no need)
7. Telecommunication Investment Encouragement Act (I see no need for such a bill)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »

Just FYI: Assuming it's needed, we have Stimulus II coming in July, I believe. We'll have the 11th Council by then, but I wanted to note it here so it would not be forgotten about.

If I'm President I'll clearly authorize it, because I think the first one we put together did a lot of good.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2014, 02:04:43 AM »

Yeah, thanks for the info. I'll gladly help drafting the second stimulus bill Smiley

We have some stuff going on now, the budget, the stimulus. Maybe it wouldn't be bad if we could move the stimulus to August?

Btw, Devin and Simfan please vote on the votes open, so we can start discussing the budget!

Another thing - I'm on leave of absence from tomorrow, Friday the 30th to Sunday the 1st. After that, we should start drafting the budget!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2014, 09:18:35 AM »

Noted. That's fine - we have those items on the docket, so we'll get to them as we can. I'm just glad we're not behind schedule on it.

It could be that we may not have to adjust the budget much - since we have a stimulus coming again, maybe some tax breaks to small businesses and I want to look at education, mainly.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2014, 10:16:40 AM »

Ok - so you think we should just be adjusting a few numbers, but mostly letting the old budget be?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »

Ok - so you think we should just be adjusting a few numbers, but mostly letting the old budget be?

I'm not sure. It was never discussed since I've been here. I know we cut taxes, so we'll have to account for that and maybe we can do something for small business and education. If PJ didn't do something with it, then budgetary attention might go all the way back to Wolfentoad, IDK.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »

Wolfentoad was right before the NMAM-time, right?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2014, 09:25:25 AM »

Wolfentoad was right before the NMAM-time, right?

Wolfy was like 13 or something and had to leave because he both had a lot of problems and caused a lot of problems. Then I think NVGonzalez was on the scene, and he went inactive on day 1. Then it was NM-AM time. Spamage briefly came back for a while as well and tried to right the ship a bit. Then PJ and and then me, Flo, you, etc.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »

Wow, that's an awful lot of things happening for one region in just one year.... No wonder the Pacific is where it is...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2014, 11:07:48 AM »

For discussion after the stimulus and the budget, I just had this in mind.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2014, 07:44:29 PM »

Pacific transport privatization act of 2014.
1. All Government assets in Transportation in Railroad, and city transportation systems will be sold at auction.
2. The aforementioned assets shall be sold at no more than 110% of their market value.
3.The sale of the assets must be completed by no later than 1/1/2015.
4. The funds raised from the sale shall go towards paying the cost of setting up the necessary regulations.
5.In order to ensure quality of service there will be a Pacific Regional Transportation Authority.
6. The PRTA shall be ran by five members, appointed by the Governor for four month terms. It shall have all of the necessary powers to ensure safety, and quality standards are met.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2014, 04:17:55 AM »

Thanks Smiley I'll open the thread after the budget and the Stimulus, if that's okay for you?

Well, I guess I'm gonna apologize for being relatively inactive lately. I'll try to participate more active in the debates again.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2014, 05:46:21 AM »

Thanks Smiley I'll open the thread after the budget and the Stimulus, if that's okay for you?

Well, I guess I'm gonna apologize for being relatively inactive lately. I'll try to participate more active in the debates again.
Yeah that is fine with me Smiley.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »

That's very good, Devin, and yeah, I was thinking we'd need to figure out what that would cost and if we wanted to allocate some money for it, like inspections mainly.

Someone will need to do some calculations to figure out what the revenues would be on the whole budget from the adjusted taxes, and that sounds like a GM-y kind of thing. Tongue

And we might have one or two bills still open. The stimulus won't come until July 1, and we have till the end of July to allocate it, but we could start a little early.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »

So should we hand the budget calculation over to Simfan? (Is he actually Councillor now, btw?)

I guess if we start discussing the Stimulus with the beginning of the new council, we would have more than enough time and not just pass the bill on the last date possible again Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »

So should we hand the budget calculation over to Simfan? (Is he actually Councillor now, btw?)

I guess if we start discussing the Stimulus with the beginning of the new council, we would have more than enough time and not just pass the bill on the last date possible again Tongue

Yeah, Council elections are in two days and I think we have three people! Might be some drama with the write-in, though. Tongue So Simfan is appointed until then.

Yes, we can start on the stimulus as soon as the new council wants. I'd recommend coming up with a few major areas on which to spend the money and then fill it all in like we did last time.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2014, 12:04:52 PM »

I'm fine with that plan.
One thing I really want to see money flow to is green jobs, environmental development etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies