Democrat tickkets 04? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:29:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democrat tickkets 04? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrat tickkets 04?  (Read 8802 times)
DarthKosh

« on: January 13, 2004, 01:32:26 PM »

Assuming Dean wins the nomination, who would be the most advantageous VP?  Not Clark, who is such a vague, half-baked non-entity that I doubt he'd even turn Arkansas, and certainly no other states.  I think VP is not that useful except if it is someone very strongly popular from a big swing state, since they have little national effect, outside their home state.  So Graham from Florida is the best.  Its possible he could turn that state, but very likely no others.  However, that would be enough.  Edwards could not turn NC, which is solid Bush.  He barely won the senate seat there and is not popular.  Richardson would just make sure NM stayed Dem, I don't think he'd turn Arizona.  Besides even if he did, and Bush won Florida, kept Ohio, and gained IA/MN/WI, it wouldn't matter.  Gephart wouldn't give Dean Missouri - he's unpopular statewide outside his district - though he might help hold IA/MN/WI.  I doubt he'd make much difference in OH.  

So it comes down to Graham, even though he's such a sad sack.
Edwards could still turn Arkansas and Louisiana and would make a dent in NC, forcing bush to spend some $$$$ there.
If edwards can not carry his home state then how will he help Dean carry those two?
DarthKosh

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 01:40:05 PM »

Assuming Dean wins the nomination, who would be the most advantageous VP?  Not Clark, who is such a vague, half-baked non-entity that I doubt he'd even turn Arkansas, and certainly no other states.  I think VP is not that useful except if it is someone very strongly popular from a big swing state, since they have little national effect, outside their home state.  So Graham from Florida is the best.  Its possible he could turn that state, but very likely no others.  However, that would be enough.  Edwards could not turn NC, which is solid Bush.  He barely won the senate seat there and is not popular.  Richardson would just make sure NM stayed Dem, I don't think he'd turn Arizona.  Besides even if he did, and Bush won Florida, kept Ohio, and gained IA/MN/WI, it wouldn't matter.  Gephart wouldn't give Dean Missouri - he's unpopular statewide outside his district - though he might help hold IA/MN/WI.  I doubt he'd make much difference in OH.  

So it comes down to Graham, even though he's such a sad sack.
Edwards could still turn Arkansas and Louisiana and would make a dent in NC, forcing bush to spend some $$$$ there.
If edwards can not carry his home state then how will he help Dean carry those two?

B/c NC is more Republican than the two others.
But Edwards got elected in NC.  If gore could not win Ark and LA then Dean/Edwards can not.
DarthKosh

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 01:50:19 PM »

Gore wasn't really seen as a southerner, nor did he come across as one.  NC is far more conservative than Arkansas and Louisiana, so Edwards, with SOUTHERN appeal that Gore did not have, will have a better shot at ARK and LA.
Gore had a high black and dem turnout and he still lost.
DarthKosh

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 02:00:27 PM »

Gore wasn't really seen as a southerner, nor did he come across as one.  NC is far more conservative than Arkansas and Louisiana, so Edwards, with SOUTHERN appeal that Gore did not have, will have a better shot at ARK and LA.
Gore had a high black and dem turnout and he still lost.
I'm talking arkansas and Louisiana.
So am I.
DarthKosh

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 02:02:21 PM »

Do you think Dean/Clark/Edwards or some combination of the three could get as good black turnout as Gore did?
No I do not think they can get a good black turnout.
DarthKosh

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 02:14:40 PM »

Thanks to Sharpton Dean won't be able to.
I loved the look on Deans face when he had to admit that Big Al was right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies