How could any decent person vote trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:30:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How could any decent person vote trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: How could any decent person vote trump?  (Read 3821 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2016, 04:29:18 PM »

Coming to a bank mint near you.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2016, 05:24:01 PM »

The people who actually think you can't be a decent person and vote for trump encourage some people to support Trump because they're so  annoyed by how ridiculous they are about being anti Trump. Decent people can be misguided or see Trump as a lesser of two evils. It's not impossible.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2016, 05:32:08 PM »

Certainly, if Trump is elected.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »

The people who actually think you can't be a decent person and vote for trump encourage some people to support Trump because they're so  annoyed by how ridiculous they are about being anti Trump. Decent people can be misguided or see Trump as a lesser of two evils. It's not impossible.

Well, I would exempt those with IQ of 70 or below.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »

Danger of veering off-topic, but I don't think Trump is a fascist in the textbook definition.

I had the guy who literally wrote that textbook for a professor, and I agree.

He still is a rightist authoritarian who uses a nationalist mythos combined with an ultra-masculine cult of personality to engage a populist uprising.  The party machinery to take over the democratic process, and the state-corporate control of the economy, are all that's missing to make it textbook fascism.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »

Look at the campaign he ran and look at what Trump is running. I don't have problems with Trump because of what happened 16 years ago. In addition, I wanted BJP in power more than anything else. As far as I can see, things are going well. India's economy is better and so are its foreign relations.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »

I long gave up trying to understand the mind of the average voter.

It isnt just this year, although this one is certainly the worst, but really every election results in some pretty awful options thanks to how people vote in prinaries. Not that the options even in primaries are good but often times it seems like one of the worst of an already bad selection is what the voters choose. Seriously Trump and Clinton? It makes no sense at all. Trump even more so since if you really had an issue with the establishment there was a far superior option that wasnt a big fan of Clinton prior to runninh.

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2016, 09:26:28 PM »

Look at the campaign he ran and look at what Trump is running. I don't have problems with Trump because of what happened 16 years ago. In addition, I wanted BJP in power more than anything else. As far as I can see, things are going well. India's economy is better and so are its foreign relations.

I'm sure being involved in, and not handling, and being involved in state terrorism in Gujurat (by having rioters attack Muslim houses under order from the administration), matters somewhat, and somewhat more than Trump's idiotic statements. Let us be reminded he was denied entry into the US, until his primeministership.

Also, I'm sure inciting a war against Pakistan is great foreign policy, as well as his disastrous policies in Nepal, which has crippled the country's economy, and has ruined alliances between India and Nepal, all so India can interfere in other countries, well at least foreign relations between India and it's neighboring nations are horrible, as well as country's perceptions of Modi in neighboring asian countries.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2016, 12:50:54 AM »

I'm sure being involved in, and not handling, and being involved in state terrorism in Gujurat (by having rioters attack Muslim houses under order from the administration), matters somewhat, and somewhat more than Trump's idiotic statements. Let us be reminded he was denied entry into the US, until his primeministership.

Also, I'm sure inciting a war against Pakistan is great foreign policy, as well as his disastrous policies in Nepal, which has crippled the country's economy, and has ruined alliances between India and Nepal, all so India can interfere in other countries, well at least foreign relations between India and it's neighboring nations are horrible, as well as country's perceptions of Modi in neighboring asian countries.

First of all, he was denied entry into the United States because the Bush Administration wanted to show they cared about muslim people being oppressed due to their religion, not just Christians. That ban was lifted after his election and relations between the US, including President Obama and members of both sides of the aisle, and the Modi government have been good. Modi doesn't want to close off India from the rest of the world, but wants to be a part of it.

As for starting war with Pakistan, you must be off your rockers. So should India just sit back and tolerate every single terrorist attack that happens in India? Why? Why are the rules different for India? And it's not as if India is attacking Lahore or Karachi because some terrorists in Pakistan attacked India's troops. They are targeting those terrorists themselves, even if they are hiding behind Pakistan's borders. Please explain to me what is wrong with that? Should the US have not got Bin Laden because Pakistan was protecting him?

You have a point that India should not be meddling in Nepal's affairs, even if Nepal isn't being fair to the demands of the Madheshis. That wouldn't make India any different from Pakistan. With the difference being India doesn't engage in state sponsored terrorism to get it's way.....
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2016, 03:03:02 AM »

The party machinery to take over the democratic process, and the state-corporate control of the economy, are all that's missing to make it textbook fascism.

Yes, I was thinking particularly of the role of the state; that's a key element of fascism, which is entirely absent from Trump's platform, notwithstanding the 'Make America Great Again' rhetoric.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2016, 07:01:35 AM »

It's pretty obvious Trump would dismantle democratic institutions and turn the state corporatist if he won. I think he fits the textbook definition of a fascist pretty well.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2016, 07:28:35 AM »

How could any decent American question another person's decency by how they dispense with their right to vote?

This post is typical Atlas hackery of the highest order and an affront to the millions of Americans who vote Republican.

Because Trump is a fascist with a fascination for dictators; he is an authoritarian who wants to rule, not govern.  Any decent person would not support such a candidate.
DIXIECRAT
Rookie

« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2016, 07:46:34 AM »

Trump's right on the issue of globalization and globalism, which's the single most important one for our future. His white nationalism's undoubtedly protected by the First Amendment, as long as it doesn't imply violating the Equal Protection Clause, but it's a dangerous and no longer viable ideology in today's America. As President, I hope he recants it by racially and economically integrating Chappaqua, NY.  
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2016, 10:30:14 AM »

Er...a person who wants to throw a political molotov cocktail at the establishment and Trump fits the human form of a molotov cocktail in human form; I don't think it comes down to decency; its just that people are disgusted at the deplorable establishment and want to hit back!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »

Er...a person who wants to throw a political molotov cocktail at the establishment and Trump fits the human form of a molotov cocktail in human form; I don't think it comes down to decency; its just that people are disgusted at the deplorable establishment and want to hit back!
Precisely. Burn it down, build it back up and new. A big, new, shiny TRUMP nation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies