Some conservative's hope for Bush's Loss. (NOT BUSH BASHING I PROMISE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:07:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Some conservative's hope for Bush's Loss. (NOT BUSH BASHING I PROMISE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some conservative's hope for Bush's Loss. (NOT BUSH BASHING I PROMISE)  (Read 3249 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

« on: July 30, 2004, 05:29:47 PM »

Look, Bush was a mistake... the GOP thought no one else could beat Gore, they didn't know how strong McCain would play (and even if they did, he is a loose cannon).

The GOP pioneered the idea of rigging the primaries, by picking a strong establishment candidate and discouraging competition. The Democrats even copied the idea this time around with Kerry, narrowly avoiding disaster when Dean pulled a McCain.

In this election, I'll vote 3rd party... but at the end of the day, I would pick Bush over Kerry for the reason of judicial appointments (I think judges should use the law to make decisions, not Mao's Little Red Book).

2008 will be better from the GOP side... JEB will not run (the GOP is not that dumb, trust me, JEB will probably just go to the Senate and hang out for a couple decades). Right now, Mitt Romney appears to be the leading choice of the establishment (after Owen's divorce and otherwise lackluster existence)... he would be quite strong. Actually, the party looks to have a lot of good options, unlike 2000... Romney, Hagel, Pawlenty (?), Allen, Ehrlich (?)... (?) denoting questions regarding their political intentions.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 10:53:08 PM »

Look man, I'm sorry Minnesota is trending GOP. Don't take it so hard.

At least the Twins and Wolves are sweet. And the Vikings are going to win their division this year, I guarantee it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies