SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:31:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC)  (Read 5426 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: July 22, 2013, 10:17:45 AM »
« edited: July 22, 2013, 10:20:33 AM by Speaker Dereich »

Ok, I'll start.

I was not one of the people who planned the Pacific crisis; I didn't find out about it until the day after it had begun. My actions within the IDS legislature during the crisis were never planned or created by anyone other than myself. I acted only in what I considered the best interest of both the Pacific and the IDS by proposing that the Pacific be governed by the IDS until it was capable of self-governance. I also believe that we followed the spirit of the Imperial Dominion of the South through our attempt to bring order to a lawless region. While the Supreme Court and Senate dithered we took action! I do however regret that our actions did not help clear instability in the region as we had hoped; if any incident like this arises again (God forbid) then I think we have gained a valuable insight on how to act to provide relief to the troubled region.

I know some consider our actions to be furthering the causes of those who want to destroy the game; I consider it just the opposite. When I heard that there was an attempt to destroy the game with the Pacific I didn't run around like a chicken with my head cut off! I tried to utilize those changes through the existing system and found opportunities where they had arisen.

I am happy to respond to any questions the honorable senators may have.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2013, 02:35:09 PM by Speaker Dereich »

Moreover, I want an explanation from SOMEBODY as to what this means:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Can I infer from this that a "Rimjob" style plan is underway for the IDS? Is that what this means? Look up what perjury is of you do not know.
[/quote]

Let me assure you that no such crisis will be created by our region. The IDS is a stable and responsible region. To say there is some kind of "revolutionary cell" in the Imperial Militia is just hot air. The Imperial Militia exists to provide regional security and disaster relief, just as any region's national guard does. If the name bothers you, will we soon see a court case saying that our Imperial system is illegal as well? I mean no offense to our fine legislator who stated what he did, but his words on the matter should not be taken as a gold standard; it has been a longtime goal of his to abolish the Milita. The actions which we in the legislature requested of the Militia which the Emperor rejected fell under the purview of disaster relief. As I said in many other places, we never intend to "annex" the Pacific, only to provide government services and a measure of authority to the region until they were capable of self-government or until the Senate had provided its own answer to the crisis.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »

Dereich, do you also acknowledge that some people may have viewed your actions as equivalent of how you describe what everyone else was doing in your eyes?

Of course. I don't really see why though. My actions weren't meant to permanently change the framework of the game, like those perpetrating the Rimjob intended. Hell, what we did isn't even that far outside normal IDS policy; we have a long and cherished history of disagreements with the Pacific which involve the Militia in some form. Our actions were always meant as temporary, and at every point I emphasized our deference to the Senate and Supreme Court on making a final solution to the Pacific Crisis. The Restoration of Pacific Order Act was explicitly a temporary measure, built as a nimble stopgap measure for the period of lawlessness that would come between the "Final Constitution" and the slower moving Supreme Court and Senate. The only time I can think of that I ever said we were actually annexing the Pacific (which WOULD be equivalent to what the NM-AMs were doing in the Pacific) was in one provocative thread title where I said there were "now 4 regions" but even there I emphasized in the thread that it was nothing more then a temporary measure to prevent anarchy and the thread title was there to stimulate discussion.

I still contend that we did the responsible thing, and am only here being questioned because we were better and faster in our attempt than the Northeast: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=175220.0  and the Midwest: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=175432.0 which were trying to do similar or worse things. Those bills might have even passed if the IDS hadn't moved quickly and showed the backlash to that kind of action. If our actions are equivalent to what they were doing, I don't see how all the other regions except the Mideast aren't just as guilty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies