SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:16:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC)  (Read 5430 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: July 22, 2013, 09:06:55 AM »

Nay.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:16:12 AM »

Might I ask my fellow members of the committee what the purpose of this hearing is? This seems like a distraction from the real issues facing Atlasia, which is why I voted against the list of folks presented before the committee.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 08:59:03 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Honestly? Probably looking into reforming the structures of the regions themselves. We have five regions and at best only a few of them are regularly active. This committee should be looking into the prospect of consolidating them into larger units, or at the very least, begin looking into reforming the Constitution so that we can have some kind of solution to the persistent problems of inactivity that plague this game.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »

This is just a general question to the members of the National Movement, but would you describe what has gone on in the wake of your actions in the Pacific as a political witchhunt, a sort of nonsensical, faux outrage on the part of those in government, who had up until the Operation, completely ignored the decaying situation in the Pacific?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 08:28:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Roll Eyes

Give me a break. This kind of trollish behavior on your part and on the part of all the other defenders of the status quo is the reason why something like Operation Rimjob was able to succeed in the first place. Archaic, legalistic Senate procedure that bores everyone half-to-death discourages activity, something compounded by the moribund regional system. If this Senate Committee is to be more than an Un-Atlasian Activities Committee, a witchhunt against the National Movement, it's going to have to step up it's game and offer solutions, not just airy, C-SPAN-esque rhetoric.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies