SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 02:55:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE: Gov't Oversight and Reform (Game Reform/PC)  (Read 5465 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: June 22, 2013, 03:29:16 PM »

Abolishing regional Senate seats is not possible only because obstructionists make it so.

We are aware, but, as we want reforms to be successful, it's not wise to propose reforms that will never pass.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 11:49:13 PM »

Thanks God the Judiciary decided to not take part in that. I wouldn't want the vice-president getting in my meeting to disrupt discussion, throw oil on the fire and insult the witnesses.

Don't even bother to enter Judiciary meetings if you are act this disrespectful towards opposition, Mr. Vice-President. I wouldn't allow it and would rush into the President office to complain towards that rudeness and I hope than Senator Yankee will do the same.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 11:56:58 PM »

Perhaps, but the VP is in overreaction to this crisis since Day 1. We should reach peace and respect, now, instead of throwing oil on fire. I won't let anyone create a new crisis or worsen the social climate in Atlasia, whether it's NM-AM, Labor, Federalists or even the VP. Right now, the only person sprewing insults at its opponents, for no reason is the VP.

I don't see why we should shut up and watch in silence. A Senate audience isn't a place to scream insults at everyone you don't like, even if it's the VP.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 12:17:27 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2013, 12:26:56 AM by Senator MaxQue »

I'm reading his post again and it doesn't appear to insult anyone. This
You must be logged in to read this quote.
on the other hand, is more insulting IMO than an off the cuff remark about Troll-be-gone.

We could all try to be a bit more civil, sure, I'd include myself in that and I try but sometimes disagreements can get heated- that's natural, that's politics. I don't think these guys have any interest or concern regarding civility though.

Anyway as far as I'm concerned any member of the administration is welcome to speak before the committee at any time and we welcome their input. Smiley

I, too, welcome their input, as I would welcome the output of every citizen, but not if they are rude, unrespectful, impolite, insulting or plainly mischaracterizing the testimonies of the witnesses. As far as I know, saying than what the witness is saying is "crap" isn't respectul, in my book.

Yes, Xahar is insulting, too, but as he was answering to another insult, it's understandable, despite being insulting. If I'm insulted, I'm pretty sure I'll answer, too.

If we reach insults, there is no debate anymore, just mud-throwing.

EDIT: And, given I just got news of the lawsuit of an NM-AM member to stuck down the 2 decisions restoring the legitimate Pacific, I also wish to our VP-AG good luck (even if he won't need any, he has enough talent for that) and wants to express my distaste of the behaviour of the NM-AM member who did that. You lost last Pacific election, accept it, that's democracy.

I said I don't like insults, but I prefer them to plain tentatives of going around democracy when the results aren't the wanted ones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies