Office of Southern Governor Tmthforu94
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:19:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Governor Tmthforu94
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Office of Southern Governor Tmthforu94  (Read 9643 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 03:35:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not via PM as I expressly left instructions to do exactly that. One would think it rather euhm *prudent* to PM a member of your own party prior to trying to remove them from office, no?

Anyways, I just want to make it clear that I am happy to be back and look forward to serving the rest of this term.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 06:26:01 PM »

OMG

You always have to have the last word, don't you BK? This is getting repetitive and silly, I'm incredibly annoyed with you right now. Take some responsibility instead of trying to blame others for your disappearance. Maybe after 18 DAYS of getting no PMs you should have thought,"Hmm, maybe I should check the forum and see what is going on?" Never in my time in this game have I seen someone disappear for so long and try to put the blame on others for their own inactivity. It is not my job to babysit you, nor is it TimTurner or Spark's. Sad!!!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 06:35:59 PM »

Anyways, I am going to be on a semi-Leave of absence for the next two weeks, back around the 15th to full activity.

I will still check in everyday and vote on legislation. Constituents and fellow delegates are encouraged to PM my PM box but replies will be delayed.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »

Also

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 02:31:53 PM »

Sponsor: Governor Tmthforu94

X Tmthforu94

I will notify the Secretary of State.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 02:50:19 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2018, 02:54:52 PM by tmthforu94 »

Statement from Governor Tmthforu94

Governor TM is working very hard to make life better for all Atlasians. He supports Delegate BK's bill to eliminate income tax in the region which will provide a BIG relief to everyone's paychecks.

Our region is operating in a big surplus and in addition to tax cuts, there are other steps we need to take to improve the quality of life. Very soon TM will be releasing a big infrastructure bill to fix our decaying roads and bridges. This will create THOUSANDS of new jobs in response to a GM report showing our unemployment rate as the highest in the region. Any delegate interested in helping TM write this bill should PM him.

Governor Fairboi's budget proves that he had no clue what he was doing, I think we need to revisit it and amend. I couldn't find a budget from 2017, but based on budget, there were a couple of alarming changes.
- Transportation funding got cut by $18 billion
- "Other/Discretionary funds" got INCREASED by $33 billion. What even is that, money for him to launder???
- Cuts to pension and healthcare
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2018, 02:47:47 AM »

Yeah, his budget was a sh**tshow, but at least we can fix some of it now. Thanks for the support TM. Tim should be able to detable the bill as Speaker, as all tabling does is set the bill aside.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2018, 12:34:46 PM »

Statement from Governor TM

Lines were out the door at our townhall in Pearland yesterday regarding the Flood Insurance Reform Act. We have another townhall tomorrow in Florida. The message was clear - The People want real reform to the flood insurance. Based on feedback, I introduced another amendment today that will greatly improve the NFIP. Business leaders are very happy with Governor TM for already successfully removing businesses from these restrictions. I will continue working hard for my constituents.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »

All bills passed under my administration, as well as for Acting Governor TheSaint and disgraced former Governor Fairboi, have been added to the Wiki.

Regarding the 10th session from January - April, this will take quite a while to update as it appears there was no noticeboard and the Governor did not sign bills in this official thread, so I will have to comb through every individual bill for those months.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 12:10:05 PM »

Though results have not been certified, it looks like Young Texan has won a seat to the House of Representatives. Congratulations to him and everyone else who was elected!

Because of this, we will soon have an opening in the Chamber of Delegates. Please PM me if you are interested in the position, I'd like to have it filled as soon as YT resigns.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2018, 12:30:38 PM »

Statement from Governor TM

Lines were out the door at our townhall in Pearland yesterday regarding the Flood Insurance Reform Act. We have another townhall tomorrow in Florida. The message was clear - The People want real reform to the flood insurance. Based on feedback, I introduced another amendment today that will greatly improve the NFIP. Business leaders are very happy with Governor TM for already successfully removing businesses from these restrictions. I will continue working hard for my constituents.

My office has received +10,000 phone calls supportive of my original proposed changes to NFIP and only around 400 opposed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »

All bills passed under my administration, as well as for Acting Governor TheSaint and disgraced former Governor Fairboi, have been added to the Wiki.

Regarding the 10th session from January - April, this will take quite a while to update as it appears there was no noticeboard and the Governor did not sign bills in this official thread, so I will have to comb through every individual bill for those months.
Update: all bills passed in 2018 are updated on the Wiki. I hope to have the rest done by week's end. The South will have the most up-to-date Wiki in the game - this is taking a lot of work since I am doing it alone, but this is an important cause and hopefully will be maintained long-term!

See here: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Southern_Statute
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 08:12:18 PM »

Sponsor: Governor Tmthforu94

Thank you to the legislature for taking quick action on this.

X Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2018, 10:53:52 PM »

Executive Order #4

Pericles is hereby appointed Secretary of Southern Wildlife, Parks and Tourism.

He will be working directly with the Governor's office to continue peace talks with raccoons and keep the issue from escalating. We will be working on a plan to increase tourism to the South and to continue making our parks the most beautiful in the nation.

X Tmthforu94
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2018, 10:55:39 PM »

Thank you very mcuh for your trust in me Governor, I will not let you down.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »

Wulfric has been appointed to the vacated seat in the Chamber of Delegates. While he is new to the region, I am impressed by his activity levels and think he will provide good debate and consistency to the chamber.

X Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2018, 04:29:05 PM by tmthforu94 »

As Tropical Storm Gordon moves into the region, I am declaring a state of emergency in areas of Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi that are expected to be hit by Gordon.

Our administration will be working closely with federal, regional and local agencies to ensure that adequate resources are in place to keep our citizens safe during this time. The National Guard has been authorized and mobilized to provide support in the counties expected to be hit by the storm and we are currently receiving hourly updates from local emergency directors.

Per the Effective Highway Evacuation Act, I am also authorizing in these areas access to open shoulders of major roads to evacuating vehicles and alter traffic patterns to increase lanes available for evacuation. The Transportation Department will be working with local entities to ensure this is executed smoothly.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »

As Tropical Storm Gordon moves into the region, I am declaring a state of emergency in areas of Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi that are expected to be hit by Gordon.

Our administration will be working closely with federal, regional and local agencies to ensure that adequate resources are in place to keep our citizens safe during this time. The National Guard has been authorized and mobilized to provide support in the counties expected to be hit by the storm and we are currently receiving hourly updates from local emergency directors.

Under the safe evacuation act from last year you also have the authority to open up the shoulders of highways for evacuations and can declare certain highways eligible for contra flow lanes as well.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2018, 04:29:20 PM »

Under the safe evacuation act from last year you also have the authority to open up the shoulders of highways for evacuations and can declare certain highways eligible for contra flow lanes as well.
Thank you for providing this, I have updated my statement to include this!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »

Statement from Governor Tmthforu94 on the Raccoon Crisis

Others talk, Governor TM leads! Our administration has been working very hard for the past 6 weeks to address the raccoon crisis that has been facing our region. While most politicians did not address the issue, we fought hard and showed strong leadership in working with raccoon leaders for them to back off. They now have their part of the region and we have ours. They have withdrawn from occupation of our schools, hospitals and public parks and are back into wildlife where they belong. In addition, we have greatly increased the number of southerners and doggos with the rabies vaccine to help protect from any future attacks. I attribute dog czar fhtagn for her work in promoting the rabies vaccine.

Our administration continues to monitor the issue, led by our Secretary of Southern Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Pericles. Now that our parks are safe again, we will continue to work hard to promote all of the beautiful places the South has to offer.

VOL. X | ISSUE 1
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS

Governor's Initiative Credited for Drop in Raccoon Populations
A marked reduction in the number of wild raccoons living in densely-populated urban areas is attributed to a sustained effort by the Southern governor's office to address the so-called 'armageddon' of ring-tailed bandits across large swaths of the South. Concern for the potential threat to public health posed by the rise in raccoon populations had gained regional attention following a rabies outbreak in the Kansas City greater metropolitan area that led to the deaths of three people and several dozen dogs. The governor was praised both by conservation groups and animal control departments across the South for devising a humane response to the epidemic, though some citizens expressed disappointment that the governor did not sponsor the effort to create "Regional Kill a Raccoon Day." The governor was likewise praised by conservationists for his efforts to promote tourism to regional parks and his advocacy for the new Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »

YoungTexan has resigned, I will be making an appointment tonight.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »

Ghost_White (oreomilkshake) is appointed to the vacant Chamber of Delegates seat. She is an experienced Atlasian legislator who brings a wealth of knowledge and a new perspective to the position.

X Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2018, 04:27:24 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to: