Office of Southern Governor Tmthforu94
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:15:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Governor Tmthforu94
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Office of Southern Governor Tmthforu94  (Read 9753 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »

Statement from Governor Tmthforu94

Good Morning, People of The South:

I am humbled and honored to speak to you today as the President-elect of Atlasia. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as your Governor for the past 7 months. When assuming office, we had instability in the executive and legislative branches, budget issues and a constitution needing revamped. Today I feel confident in saying that the state of our region is strong. We have had consistent activity and our legislature is a good blend of experience and fresh faces.

Serving as Southern Governor may be my favorite job to date – I have worked with some wonderful people and we’ve accomplished so much. In 2018, the Southern legislature passed more legislation than any region in the history of the game. I am very proud of the work everyone put in to accomplish that.

As I begin the transition to the White House, I will work my hardest to ensure that there is a smooth transition to the next Governor. Part of that includes working with the new Governor to get a budget discussion started on March 1st, as required by the Constitution.

Since much of my focus will be preparing on my transition to the White House, after careful consideration, I have concluded that the best decision is for me to resign now so that the next Governor can start as soon as possible. This will allow them to start crafting their own agenda and making the most of the remaining term. Therefore, I will be resigning today as Southern Governor immediately following this post. Per our constitution, this will trigger a special election next weekend, allowing for the next Governor to assume office immediately on Monday (assuming a clear winner is determined).

I encourage those interested to declare for the position as soon as possible and look forward to a positive campaign. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to serve as your Governor!!! I will always love The South.

Signing off as Governor,

***hughughug Purple heart Governor Tmthforu94
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies