Are the Democrats certain to tighten their hold on the Senate in 08? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:01:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Are the Democrats certain to tighten their hold on the Senate in 08? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are the Democrats certain to tighten their hold on the Senate in 08?  (Read 5231 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: May 30, 2007, 03:31:27 PM »

I'd say that the worst case scenario for Democrats at this point is no net change.  I'm guessing that the net change in seats will be between 2-5 in their favor though.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:14:58 AM »

How coudl you possibly think that either Franken or Ciresi could possibly beat Coleman?

I'll tell you how: breathless, heady hope.  Ciresi would obviously come closer than Big Al, but Coleman is pretty safe.  So is Colorado.  I wouldn't even be surprised to see Oregon and NH stay red.

When you're on top you really do think that you can do just about anything.  That's why Bush was campaigning in Michigan, Hawaii, and New Jersey in 2004.  They were deluded into believing that Bush County was swelling so quickly that even those three blue states could hop aboard the Big Red Bandwagon.

Well, fortunes have shifted and now it's the Democrats deluding themselves into thinking that red states like Colorado are vulnerable.  I find it amusing.  Election Night, the Democrats won't.

Rawlings, the fact that you can't even admit the Colorado race is competitive completely discredits your statements.  At this point the Democrats are still riding a relative wave of popularity as compared to the GOP which is in shambles and is continuing to flounder.  Things can obviously change in a short period of time as demonstrated by the 2006 election, but to say that Democrats have anything less than an advantage in Colorado, New Hampshire and Minnesota demonstrates a complete disregard for the current political climate.  Oregon would be on that list too if the Democratic recruiting efforts weren't doing so poorly there.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 01:40:19 AM »

How much would you be willing to bet that Coleman survives 08 by more than 3%?

I'd bet $100 against such an outcome.  If Coleman does manage to survive it will be by the skin of his teeth.  I would also bet $100 that Minnesota's result will look like Ohio's in 2006.  Sherrod Brown proved to everyone that it is easy for for a less than impressive Democrat to take out a Midwestern GOP Senator in the current climate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies