Harvard-Harris national poll: Sanders 20% M. Obama 17% Warren 15% Clinton 10% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:26:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Harvard-Harris national poll: Sanders 20% M. Obama 17% Warren 15% Clinton 10% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harvard-Harris national poll: Sanders 20% M. Obama 17% Warren 15% Clinton 10%  (Read 5762 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« on: March 21, 2017, 09:55:57 AM »

If Sanders runs, he wins. Only Biden could make it a tossup.
He needs to appeal to minorities first. I'm not sure he will.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »

If Sanders runs, he wins. Only Biden could make it a tossup.
He needs to appeal to minorities first. I'm not sure he will.

And yet he campaigned alongside Martin Luther King in the 1960s to fight in favor of African Americans' civil rights and was even arrested for this. Remember that.
This is a lie. He did not "campaign alongside" Martin Luther King. Martin Luther King had no idea who the  Bernie Sanders was. Bernie Sanders was a member of CORE, like every other woke college student in the 60s, and went to the March on Washington. Like Mitch McConnell. He got arrested and paid a $25 fine, which is admirable, but other activists were being tortured in jails.

Bill Clinton once met JFK (which is closer than Bernie Sanders ever got to MLK). If I were to say "Bill Clinton worked with JFK" that would be a lie.

He was an activist. He was not a leader. It was admirable, but there is no need to embellish it, and when people do it (like you just did) it's off-putting and infuriating because it diminishes the actions of actual civil rights leaders. And white northerners embellishing his record is one of the myriad of reasons he got his ass kicked in the south.

He never "campaigned alongside" MLK. To say that he did is completely and utterly false.

AND EVEN IF HE WAS AN ACTUAL LEADER, which he wasn't, saying things like this isn't going to help him win over the African-American community. African-Americans want candidates who will talk specifically about issues their communities face, and not about how similar those issues are to issues white communities face.

He struggled MIGHTILY with African-American voters last year. And I've yet to see any indication that he's increased his popularity among them, especially when he's going to West Virginia to try to win back the WWC. I could be wrong.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:50:41 PM »

Why are places polling Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton? To be cute?
Yeah...the former has made it abundantly clear she hates politics and the latter is done. Maybe just to fill up the poll with people who are known rather than people only policy wonks know about right now.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 12:09:12 PM »

I honestly don't know who the Dems can field right now that would be acceptable to all wings of the party.

Presumably Sherrod Brown, though it's not clear to me that he's interested in running.

Liz Warren.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies