What is your current ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:39:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your current ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your current ignore list?  (Read 8718 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »

Only hifly but I originally put him on it accidentally. And then decided he wasn't worth the effort to remove him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »

gee that's dumb.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »

But you reply to me all the time.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »

Main reason I don't bother putting many people on ignore is it's kind of pointless. If someone's posts are never worth reading, I just glaze over them anyway. I don't think I've bothered reading an entire pbrower post beginning to end in years, and t_host1 basically doesn't exist in me. My mental filter works well.

On the other hand ignoring such white noise posters draws attention to them. I see the show button, and am more likely to hit it out of curiosity and then end up paying them more attention. So I just stick with mental ignore.

Also makes the situation with hifly funny, since he's basically the same either way. Once I accidentally added him I never got the urge to hit show, so I'm not going through the trouble of removing him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 12:03:58 AM »

I might use ignore more if it also made it so that threads created by that post didn't appear. I remember putting LBJ Revivalist (proto-DevotedDemocrat for the unfamiliar...assuming they weren't the same person) on ignore and being rather frustrated in that it did nothing because he posted virtually nothing but new threads. Also why I never ignored NewYorkExpress.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »

I might use ignore more if it also made it so that threads created by that post didn't appear. I remember putting LBJ Revivalist (proto-DevotedDemocrat for the unfamiliar...assuming they weren't the same person) on ignore and being rather frustrated in that it did nothing because he posted virtually nothing but new threads. Also why I never ignored NewYorkExpress.

Oh god yes.  You'd go on my ignore list in a heartbeat!

I also wish the same would apply to the Recent Posts board, which I often browse.  Ignored posts just show up anyway there.

I thought I was on it. In fact I believe you added me right after the ignore feature was implemented.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »

I often ignore random people by mistake and never bother unignoring them, but press show when I see them post.

That kind of happened to me with Hifly. I ended up ignoring him by accident and kept him there because I didn't think he was worth the effort to take off it. I hit "show" on his posts about half the time, but there was never a time I was very glad I did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies